Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

fsx problem

Pro Member First Officer
ab1332 First Officer

every time i try to open fsx it just shows the blue page that say fsx when it starts and then disappears and the menu doesn't ever show up

please help me

Pro Member Trainee
paulchris2 Trainee

List your system specifications and we can help you better. Computer type, RAM, video card, etc.
Paul

Pro Member First Officer
ab1332 First Officer

well no it has nothing to with the system because there are three usernames on this computer and when i installed fsx the first time, it shows up in all usernames. I share the computer. It stopped opening up when i downloaded vatsim. But fsx works in all the other usernames. Just on my account it is just shows the opening blue page that shows that it is downloading and dissapers with out the menu ever coming.

Pro Member First Officer
ab1332 First Officer

also i am using xp desktop computer with nividia 500gt something with 144 gb normal space hoping to upgrade the graphics card for Christmas. but fsx runs fine on the computer. i know it isn't the perfect computer but runs smoothly sometimes with graphics on high.

Pro Member Trainee
paulchris2 Trainee

At this point if the game was working on that username and is now not, it is definately something you downloaded that is not compatible with FSX. Vatsim might be the problem. You have choices, (a) uninstall vatsim and try the program again with your username, (b) delete your username and make a new one then try opening FSX (without uninstalling Vatsim), (c) uninstall Vatsim and do a System Restore to before you installed Vatsim.
I had a similar problem last month. I have a vinyl cutter that plugs into my old printer port that I don't use very often. Anyway I used it once since installing FSX. Afterwards I started FSX and the blue startup screen hung for quite a while. Then, I received a dialog box saying "FSX is unable to start as a file was missing or corrupt. I did a system restore to before I used the cutter but I still had to re-install. But I'm sure it was a driver incompatibility. Let me know what happens.
Paul

Pro Member First Officer
ab1332 First Officer

thank you paulchris2. suggestion b won't work but the other ones i will try. Yeah I was just trying vatsim for the first time and didn't work very well anyway for me. I also uninstalled vatsim so thats good. Thanks again for all the help.