SearchSearch 

Flight Simulator 2006 Air Traffic Control

EHutchinson Guest

In Flight Simulator 2006 I would like to hear air traffic controllers and pilot voices sound more like the real thing. Let's hear radio transmissions that sound like real atc instead of programmed digital voices.

I want to listen to ATC in FS2006 and close my eyes and not be able to tell the difference between that and the real thing. Come on Microsoft....there are things out there called wave files....surely you have the ability to produce ATC and pilot voices that can sound like the real deal.

5 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Do you have any idea HOW the ATC voices are made?

They have to go and say EACH airport, EACH word, EVERYTHING!!!
Think if Microsoft had to go through and sit in an airplane and record that...HOW WOULD THEY RECORD ANY PILOT IN ANY PLANE, SAYING EVERY WORD NEEDED TO MAKE THE INTERACTION SEEM REAL AT ALL.

HOW do you think they can make it sound real???

When they record that, they first have to say the base stuff

EXAMPLE

#= Airport

@ = Flight Number

* = Aircraft Type.

& = Airline

% = Number

() = Altitude

$$ = Frequency

The basic dialogue

"&, @, You are % miles from #, descend and maintain (). Contact # Tower on $$.

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD IT WOULD BE TO RECORD EVERY @ # $ % & * AND () IN REAL AIRCRAFT??????

IT IS NOT PROFITABLE TO GO TO THE DARKEST CORNER OF MALASIA TO RECORD A PILOT SAY SOMETHING, AND RECORD ATC SAY SOMETHING

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

I am not a big expert on ATC stuffת so far I have a small request: A second way to make contact with an airport not only with the nearest air port menu. It is almost an impossible mission to contact a destination air port in a expectable distance when u soraunded with dozens of airports

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

I'd say everyone is entitled to their views and opinions and we shouldn't be "shouting" at people just for suggesting an idea. There isn't a need to come back in that type of manner to someone's posting.

Sorry FEM, you're a great guy but if we respond like that to Guest's postings, we are going to scare away new members.

Last edited by David (The-GPS-Kid) on Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

...If anyone fancies more real 'ATC' sounds in their cockpit then there are already a couple of options that will give you a bit of what EHutchinson was talking about :-

- Hong Kong2004

This this a scenery add-on but it also gives you 2 hours of 'Real ATC' recording on the CD... so after you've got FS2004 launched, you can eject the FS CD4 and you can pop the Hong Kong 2004 disc in to your PC and play the ATC in the background while running FS (using Windows Media Player, for example). Sounds fab - obviously it's all HK related but I've used it in Europe and it still sounds good as 'live chatter'.

- VMAX 747-RFP

Along with this fine 747 you get a free programme called Classic S-Combo that gives you "callouts" from your First Officer, engineer, flt attendent, etc... and also gives you "cockpit chatter" which includes pilits chatting and ATC sounds.

Both really enhance the somewhat 'robotic' sound of the default controllers.

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

I agree that it is asking too much to record real pilots all over the world, it would simply take too long and they would have to charge the earth for FS2006 so ms could get the money back for the costs of recording etc (as if ms don't have enough money already!) but it was a good suggestion though!

What i would like to see is, more realistic atc voices, eg. maybe different accents in different countries etc