Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

PMDG B737-300 Panel wanted only

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Hey, I just printed out a checklist specifically for PMDG B737. All I need is only the panel and I don't want to buy PMDG 737. I just only want the panel and virtual cockpit. I'm planning to replace Just Flight 2005 Flyable B737-300 with a PMDG panel.

It's just that the default panel doesn't have all the specific instruments.

Could anyone that has a PMDG B737 classic series send the panel to me for free via WinZip?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

I do not have it, or I would send. I have the Skydecks version though... is that similiar? Oh wait nevermind... my Skydecks is for 700-800 not 300

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

pmdg makes the 600/700 and 800/900 version but not the 300

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

I just found a panel that is totally realistic. Take a look:

(dead link removed)

It's not made by PMDG or other payware but the best part is that it's free!

I have installed it but I haven't turned out FS2004 with it yet. I'm planning to use it to replace Just Flight's 2005 Flyable B737-300 that uses the default panel with this one.

I don't know if I installed it correctly but do I move all the ones that says .gau into the gauges folder and the .bmp ones in the panel folder? I did that already but I just want to dee if I installed correctly.

Pro Member Chief Captain

That looks like a nice panel there Kevin. I may dl it for myself too.. and yes you are correct... install the .gau in the fs9\gauges folder (just click yes to copy over any that are there already IF the date on the one you are copying in is NEWER), then the bmps go in the panel. if you want to KEEP your old panel then rename the panel folder panel.old and make your new folder just panel.

Let's see some pix how it all looks later!

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

I just tested it and the panel was okay. There are some buttons and switches that you can move and some other that you cannot.

The FPS was bad. It went down to 1 FPS. Will restarting the computer improve framerates?

Last edited by KevinTsai on Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain

That's why i said later hee hee. 😉 I got kids too ya know.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

The panel is okay but there are buttons and switches that you can move and some you cannot move.

The FPS was bad when I loaded it, down to 1 FPS. Sometimes my computer temporarily has bad framerates. I could also tell when my computer has bad framerates is when in the main menu, the aircraft being displayed doesn't turn smoothly.

Would restarting my computer improve FPS temporarily?

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

I doubt it! 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'm gonna say no Kevin.. that comes down to your graphics card and the processing speed.

If I were you (off the record) I would start hinting that for xmas, you might want to get a new graphics card or more RAM... or both.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Well, you know, sometimes when you start up FS2004, it would sometimes take as long as 15 minutes, yes 15 minutes to go to the main menu! And sometimes BUT NOT all the time, FPS go down for some reason, and all you have to do is restart the computer at least for me to get them back up again.

And oh, on VATSIM, I just switched from Squawkbox 3 to FSInn v 1.2 because I read somewhere on this forum that FSInn doesn't lower framerates if you're in a busy congested area. Happened to me when I was flying to Toronto and there was so much traffic that I thought FS2004 was gonna crash!

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

PSPanels do a nice freeware -300 panel. It's simply but very nicely done.

Also now released as freeware is there brilliant -NG panel.

Both on Avsim.