Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Vista - Acceleration - My observations and questions

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Hello fello simmers,
YES, I took the plunge and purchased Acceleration yesterday........installed it last night - ABSOLUTELY not one hitch........

Fired Accel...up, no problem ------ went to a mission, just for the heck of it (was very late), the "White-Out" mission............................

Good golly, the Graphics were phenomenal.............................and the fps were much higher that just using FSX, base........no add-ons.

So far, so good, - FYI - the ONLY glitch I had in the mission was the panel lights would not come on in VC..

Some clarification..........................
I have been using both Ultimate Terrain X and GraphicX, which are outstanding, and with these programs loaded, the eye-candy was/is great and they have boosted my fps at LEAST by 10 fps, over FSX base terrain.

OK - The biggie, finally........................
With Acceleration running pretty good and visually was very good, and fps were very good....................................

I loaded UTX and GraphicX - fired up Acceleration, and boy - the Graphics went to "h... in a handbasket"..................tried programs individually and loaded both simu. as I usally do........................

SO, any of you Vista users finding the same results with Acceleration as I have.........................I've ONLY heard/read negatives...............don't have time for that...................................
AND, if you have experienced good results, HOW ABOUT ADD-ON'S...

Your thoughts and replies are always appreciated.

Thanks,
cthiggin

Pro Member Trainee
Splitdog Trainee

I have Vista and a 2.2 dual core. I'm running an Nvidea 8800gts and GraphicX and the accelerator pack. I'm getting 14-20fps at crowded airports like LAX. 30-49 in the air. I'm running all the sliders almost maxed except autogen-1/4-1/3. I have it set for antioscopic or whatever and AA on. Traffic sliders down to 5%. This seems to work best for me.

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Thanks for your info.
I'm running a quad / GTS 640 / Liquid Cooling - / 4 gig OCZ Ram -

I WAS getting 70 - 105 in the air - 28 - 35 at busy airports such as O'hare and LAX -

I have my sliders at about 60 - 75% - Traffic at about 10%.

Again, with Accelleration, and no add-ons, the fps's were much higher than just FSX, and yes, the graphics were much much better.

With me, when I use UTX or X Graphics with Accelleration, the fps's increase, but the graphics are worse - like FSX Basic with no add-ons.

I've spoken with the folks at UTX and X Graphics, and have been assured that these programs will/are not conflicting with DX10 or the "new" sp2 in Accelleration..................X Graphics did have 1 download patch........didn't seem to help though.

I AM JUST WONDERING - Most of "us" simmers have tweaked the crap out of our fsx.cfg over the past months until we have finally reached a very good compromise of quality/eye-candy/fps -

DID Accelleration CHANGE our existing FSX.cfg ? and if so, this could be my culprit................I just don't know enough or have found the answers as to how the sp2 affected FSX - Just Scenery/Terrain or Global changes.

Your info would be appreciated.

cthiggin

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

I am about to install Acceleration into my computer. Lets see how my computer hold up.... which is going to be a joke.....my computer is gonna crush this thing. Cool