SearchSearch 

Oh, crap!

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Okay, I got Acceleration. The graphics is awesome!!! After trying a couple of missions and flying around a bit, I decided to fly my baby, the Super Sylph.

And then disaster struck.

The Super Slyph became Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet!!!! You can see the outlines, making out the aircraft's silhouette, but the aircraft is still invisible!!! How can I fix this? Would it be like adding a livery texture? Might need a little help with that also..... Embarassed

EDIT: This texture problem even affects all of the 2004 to FS9 Aircraft....I went through all my downloaded aircraft and I either seen skeletal frames (see only the insides of the aircraft), or an untextured model of the aircraft.

19 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

See

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/10/26/3-transparency-fixes-for-issues-with-older-content-in.aspx

Is this what P Taylor ment by "FSX SP2 (DX10) not being backward compatable"?

HAY GunDam, try the FSX default yellow cub for me BEFORE I install SP2

Pro Member Captain

Okay I'll fly it for you.

And thanks for the link. I haven't went to it yet, but I hope it solves the problem.

EDIT: I flew the Piper, Oldsamer... The graphics are great!!! I'll post pics as soon as the pics upload into Photobucket. 😀

As usual someone has to "dumb down" the fix for older files so I can fly my aircrafts again.

Pro Member Captain

Oldsamer:

Here are some shots of your Piper Cub.......

Hope you like them. 😀

Pro Member Captain

Well bad news......

I looked through PT Taylors blog concerning fixing the "invisible" aircraft. It requires the FSX SDK that is only found in FSX Deluxe. So, those who has 2004-FS9 aircraft in FSX and want Acceleration, you may be in for a major dissapointment; unless you already have FSX Deluxe.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Hey, reckon you can post a screenshot to show me what you mean 😉 It will give me and others better clarification. w00t I have deluxe, but I need to beef up my system. Will be done by this christmas 😀

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

oldsamer Thanks you for the re-assuring screenies.
The Cub is the oldest FSX default, was afraid they'ed just copied it over from FS9.
DX10 is going to push all the 3rd party providers back to starting over, for aircraft models as well as terrain. Be a GREAT amount of whining from the community.

Ya, would be interested in seeing Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet. I suppose this means my old birddog won't be useable on DX10

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

awesome screenshots of that piper cub a very truly amazing aircraft.

Pro Member Captain

Okay here you guys go:

BEFORE ACCELERATION

AFTER ACCELERATION

This is the results of all my 2004/FS9 aircrafts; either they are invisible, or the paint and textures are off the aircraft. This really does seperates the compatability of 2004/FS9 with FSX, and thus shortens our aircraft lists. Now I am wondering what else has Acceleration has affected as far as add-ons are concerned; such as Abacus Flight Deck and World of AI...... 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Lower some of the FPS eating slides and see if you aren't overtaxing or overheating your card.

Have you cleaned the machine lately??

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

RM

GunDam's machine displays my default Cub fine. Only addons are in trouble.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

oldsamer wrote:

RM

GunDam's machine displays my default Cub fine. Only addons are in trouble.

Most ad-ons if payware are more graphic intensive than default and usually made with GMAX.

I think he should gear all slides down and see what happens. It's harmless.

Clean inside the case and be sure the fan is running on the video card, coincidences do happen.

Radar

Pro Member Captain

I cleaned my machine a few hours earlier (unrelated to FSX, it was just its time), however I dropped the aircraft texture sliders to minimal, I still have the same results. I am starting to wish that Phil & Co, took into consideration of add-on aircrafts of FS9 and 2004. I was in multiplayer mode and noticed a Abacus A-6 Intruder landing. It too was stripped, no textures, no paint. Just a grayscale model resembling an A-6 Intruder. Now, I realize that guys designing the aircrafts will either have to figure out how to get around Acceleration, or Mr. Taylor and company will have to come out with SP3 just to attempt to fix this latest bug. In the meantime I will have to uninstall FSX in its entirety (to get rid of Acceleration) and do a fresh install so I can use all the aircrafts I have accumulated.

I wondered what the Beta testers were doing with this....I am sure they had to be using add-on aircrafts during testing. 😕

EDIT: By the way, I went to the Default Settings and the cranked it down from there.....same results. Acceleration will not take FS9/2004 add-on aircrafts well. And FSX add-on aircrafts are slow in coming.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Shame, at least you know what it is.
Reinstall can be a problem at times.
I bought Acceleration but have been holding off loading it for all the reasons I've been seeing.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Humm

Ya gotta think of this as progress and an oppertunity to do better.

DX10 has the potential to provide more realistic graphics when creators learn to use the new tools.

I appriciate P Taylor and the ACEs crew doing FSX as a preview of DX10 potential while incorperating a DX9-DX10 toggle into the user display interface (UDI) that allows you to "retro" back to DX9 to play older graphics created for FS9.

GunDam - Is there a DX9-DX10 switch somewhere in the setup screens that restores wonder womans jet? Remember to restart after selection change.

from P Taylors post; " SP2 is live ", https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/30630/sp2-post-is-live/

To use DX10, you need all of:
1)Vista, DX10 is built-in
2)a DX10 graphics card
3)a DX10 application or game

Acceleration and SP2 use DX10.

There is a checkbox in the UI to enable/disable DX10 support.

It is only enabled on Vista with a DX10 graphics card.

You have to restart the app after togging this checkbox, we do not support hot-switching.

Pro Member Captain

oldsamer wrote:

Humm

Ya gotta think of this as progress and an oppertunity to do better.

DX10 has the potential to provide more realistic graphics when creators learn to use the new tools.

I appriciate P Taylor and the ACEs crew doing FSX as a preview of DX10 potential while incorperating a DX9-DX10 toggle into the user display interface (UDI) that allows you to "retro" back to DX9 to play older graphics created for FS9.

GunDam - Is there a DX9-DX10 switch somewhere in the setup screens that restores wonder womans jet? Remember to restart after selection change.

from P Taylors post; " SP2 is live ", https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/30630/sp2-post-is-live/

To use DX10, you need all of:
1)Vista, DX10 is built-in
2)a DX10 graphics card
3)a DX10 application or game

Acceleration and SP2 use DX10.

There is a checkbox in the UI to enable/disable DX10 support.

It is only enabled on Vista with a DX10 graphics card.

You have to restart the app after togging this checkbox, we do not support hot-switching.

Yeah, I switch to DX10 as soon as I installed Acceleration. Now what I haven't done was turn it off. Let me try that and see what happens.

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Phil / anyone -
WHERE on earth is the DX10 "toggle" in the interface.............I have looked until I am now more "stupido" -
PLEASE, where's it at.
Thanks,
cthiggin

Pro Member Captain

cthiggin wrote:

Phil / anyone -
WHERE on earth is the DX10 "toggle" in the interface.............I have looked until I am now more "stupido" -
PLEASE, where's it at.
Thanks,
cthiggin

Okay, here you go:

Fire up FSX.

Go to Settings.

Go to CUSTOMIZE.

Look in the Global Options section.

Just under global texture resolution, you will see a check box called " Preview Direct X 10".

Click on that and you will have to restart FSX.

😀

Pro Member Captain

I deselected DX 10 and my textures came back.

WTF is going on here? 😕

This will make ANY add-on aircraft from FS9 and 2004 obsolete..... well at least for those who doesn't have the SDK that is included in FSX Deluxe - which means more software to buy......

Come on gentlemen, one program with everything in it, not multiple programs for one. Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

GunDam

I deselected DX 10 and my textures came back.

😀 Be happy 😂 oldsamer used to play 3dfx games, then they became obsolete.... DX9 and DX10 are different graphic engines, one is better than the other. Yes, ALL 3rd party addons, including everything in Flightsim Downloads is "incompatable" with the future! Aces studio gave us the extra DX9 engine to run retro graphics AND software development tools (SDK) to create future content. In a year there won't be any DX9 stuff.
Disclaimer****The above isn't actual, but is the effect of software evolulation****

Is Acceleration on Vista/DX10 so much better than SP2 on Xp/DX9? Evolution moots the question 😕