SearchSearch 

Very smokey 777

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Is this amount of smoke usual for UA 777's. It doesn't seem right 😳 take a look at how much smoke there is at spool up and when it turns

What is your opinion. It doesn't compare to my sig though 😁

Cheeks

11 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Very smoky...

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

very very smokey indeed. I gotta agree that your sig does have more smoke though.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

I guess UA 777's smoke normally. Not a good image for UA and PW 😳

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

honestly u dont have to worry if you think global warming is real because some news said that one of teh founders of teh weather channel said that its a global scam but, if you think gm is real then hay whatever floats your boat

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

acepilot32 wrote:

honestly u dont have to worry if you think global warming is real because some news said that one of teh founders of teh weather channel said that its a global scam but, if you think gm is real then hay whatever floats your boat

hmm, if im worried about global warming, that is why my signature is a super smoker Idea I know Global Warming is fake. but geez, should a 777 be smoking like that 😳 Maybe it needs patches 😀

Pro Member Trainee
kaz01007 Trainee

Let's not forget that all flights are now non-smoking!
😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

I can confim 777's DO in fact smoke! I saw about 12 of them in the 3 hours I was in O'Hare today waiting for my flight to come in for Charlotte leg. But MAN those lucky 7's are a thing of beauty to watch take off!!! OMG.

By the way... yall may think me a crackpot, but global warming... yes. But it is not quite what you think. Watch the movie "The day after tomorrow" to get a more realistic depiction of what COULD happen in our lifetime.

Right now we can all say it's fake and so on... but I would REALLY hate to be the one who said I told you so. In my lifetime I have noticed the difference. Even the sky looks a lil different than it did back in the 70s.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Hey bel, do they smoke like the first video? Like, I've never seen any other airlines 777 smoke like that
😳

Pro Member Chief Captain

I saw a few of them smoke similarly... most did not. It did not seem to have an effect on flyability to me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Were all the smokey ones United (I bet) 😀
Smoke and noise make an entertaining take off, and don't forget LOTS of wind 😀

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

the black smoke seems to indicate the kerosene isn't being burned completely.