PMDG MD-11 Annouced (Edited)

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=136&topic_id=140366&mode=full

also another link I will show you about md-11:
http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=136&topic_id=135669&mesg_id=135669&page=

Last edited by bawls327 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

I love the MD-11. Depending on the cost and the quality and fps hit, I might buy it. I loove the MD-11 😀 Dounds interesting 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Md-11 indeed the best looking three-holer in the sky Cheeks. I've been waiting for this PMDG release like forever. According to bawls' link though they're still only in the Alpha stage. Folks were waiting for that bird to be released way before FSX and Vista - yeah right... everything was going to be soooo cool - the PMDG MD-11 for fs9 running under XP Group Wave

I knew this wasn't going to happen and after trying out Overland's MD-11 and some other old payware attempt (can't remember now but was really bad, originally conceived for FS2002) I went back to the trusty old iFDGs.

When you think about it, everyone's made 737s and 747s but if you're looking for MD-11s or DC-10s there ain't much to choose from.

Any secrets hidden in your hangar? Please share Secret

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Glad to see you back Tailhook 😀 , and i could'nt agree more, the MD-11'S and DC-10'S i have leave you feeling a bit flat especially in the flight deck area!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks Welshflyer, good to see you too 🍻

The DC-10s, I love them... I also had a payware DC-10 for fs9 mind you - but it was so under par that I went back to the SGA DC-10s.
I've been looking for another panel (not the SGA effort) for a long time but don't seem to find a suitable one. So I'm using the default 777 😛 despite the lack of functions, at least I know how to use the ones it has. More importantly, I can see all the switches 😳

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

The Overland MD-11 is now freeware but still looking for a decent panel
http://www.overland.co.jp/sms/free.html FS9 version on the right just under the md-11 photo 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for the reminder and the link, I'll give this one another try. I got rid of it at some stage because I couldn't find any decent repaints for it.
Should you come across a cute (functional) panel, give us a shout 😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

I found a nice Eastern and Pan Am for it but that's about it 😞
Here's a shot of the Eastern over Honolulu!
But apparantly Eastern never had any MD-11s'.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Sorry for the thread hijack bawls327 Embarassed .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

No Eastern did the L10-11 thing if I remember correctly... and even so briefly.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Roger that belgeode you can pick up a Beta at Vistaliners if you haven't already got it.

http://www.eastern-va.com/vistaliners/

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Sorry for the thread hijack bawls327 Embarassed .

lol welsh that no problem bro. I agree with you guys both. PMDG has had an awesome 747 one of the most realistic ones I have seen. I hope that this md-11 is just like that realistc 747.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Another little update from the avsim page:

Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 19:35
The PMDG team today during a presentation session showed their upcoming MD-11 release. With over 100 in attendance, the audience was treated to a full view of PMDG's extremely high fidelity rendering of this aircraft. This afternoon and tomorrow, PMDG will be allowing the attending public to fly the aircraft. If you are in the Seattle area, you are encouraged to attend and give this next PMDG aircraft a twirl around the circuit.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

The PMDG team today during a presentation session showed their upcoming MD-11 release. With over 100 in attendance, the audience was treated to a full view of PMDG's extremely high fidelity rendering of this aircraft. This afternoon and tomorrow, PMDG will be allowing the attending public to fly the aircraft. If you are in the Seattle area, you are encouraged to attend and give this next PMDG aircraft a twirl around the circuit.

I wish I was in seattle Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

I don't... I checked weather.com. It's colder there than it is here.

Pro Member Trainee
Bartfs Trainee

WHy are they making a MD-11?

There are already loads of MD-11's for sale and download 😕
IFDG, Overland etc.. wich are already very good.. I don't see why they are making another MD-11 wich they are going to sell for like 50 Euro's while there is a Overland MD-11 free 😕
Sorry, but if PMDG thinks again they should have made an aircraft wich isn't used for payware yet..

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You'll probably find that the MD-11s currently available are not fully compatible with FSX.

The iFDG model has been pretty much unsurpassed IMO but for the realism die hards a default panel just doesn't cut it.

The Overland used to be pay ware incorporating its own panel and sound set, it is free now because like everything else it has become a bit dated. Besides the panel is very basic -- just not good enough for the 'professional simmers'.

I've no doubt that the PMDG MD-11 will be a very complex beast. Will it be worth the money? 🤔

I'm sure we'll find out 😀

Pro Member Trainee
james (blackforce) Trainee

Welshflyer wrote:

I found a nice Eastern and Pan Am for it but that's about it 😞
Here's a shot of the Eastern over Honolulu!

But apparantly Eastern never had any MD-11s'.

well if you don't mind where did you get that eastern from ? link please

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

ohhh yeah!! 😀 Hope I can make it 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...