Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Cold War Reborn

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

FROM AGENT X.....STOP......TO CIA HEADQUARTERS LANGLEY VIRGINIA.....STOP.....UNKNOWN TUPOLEV TU-16 DEPARTED CUBA O6:38AM.....STOP.....DESTINATION UNKNOWN.....STOP.....PHOTOS IN DATA BURST.....STOP.....HEADING NORTH.....STOP.....BEST ESTIMATE.....STOP.....CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES....

Pro Member Chief Captain
Karlw Chief Captain

Well done I must say a nice little story thanks for the screen shots but where in the world did you get that plane Drool

lol thanks 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

OOOH Bear Bomber!!!!

Where's my tomcat, c'mon Goose, we got work to do!!!

Nice story and shots Welsh!!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Here comes my old clunker A-1 Skyraider, it will knock and F-14 anyday, and the Tu-16 has no chance at all 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Cheeks wrote:

Here comes my old clunker A-1 Skyraider, it will knock and F-14 anyday, an the Tu-16 has no chance at all with the Tiny Tim 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Beautiful shots WF! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Great looking Bager Welshflyer, NORAD is at DEFCON 1. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks all 😀 , more to follow...STOP...

Pro Member First Officer
Bartfs First Officer

Awsome plane Surprised

It's a Tupolev right? Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain

yup Bartfs.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Is it a badger? Oh crap... yeah Bears have props...

Ok the other guy welsh has can go free then... Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Lovely work AGENT X.....STOP...... Ninja

👏

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks gents 😀 , whilst trying to create a cold war scenario all the aircraft may not be exact to that era!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

NORAD ORDERS FIGHTER INTERCEPT OF INCOMING AIRCRAFT..............MOVES TO DEFCON TWO........

STRATEGIC AIR COMMAND LAUNCHES ALERT SQUADRONS...........

B-52s' AND B-36 TASKING ORDERS...............PROCEED TO POSITIVE CONTROL POINTS UNLESS OTHERWISE RECALLED...........

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

RUSSIAN PREMIER REACTS TO US SAC LAUNCH...........TUPOLEV TU-22 BLINDERS LAUNCH FROM BASES IN EASTERN EUROPE.......

UNITED KINGDOM DETECTS BOMBER LAUNCHES IN EASTERN EUROPE........ENGLISH ELECTRIC LIGHTNINGS SCRAMBLED FOR COMBAT AIR PATROL OVER THE NORTH SEA.....

PLEASE MONITOR TELEPROMPTERS FOR FLASH ALERTS.............

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Beautiful shot and I love the story line. 👏

Pro Member Chief Captain

I love it... peace through deterrence.... it's a wonder any of us made it through that era alive and without radiation sickness....

I swear to god I thought Reagan was gonna fall asleep and accidentally hit the red button.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks CRJCapt and belgeode, anyone who grew up through that era can remember it was a pretty tense time all the time! Just trying to bring a bit of that time to those that perhaps don't know about it and add a few extras 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

😳 That B-36 is AWESOME 😀 Excellent shots Welsh. Got a link for that B-36 😉 HIPPIES FOR EVER!! PEACE RULES Punk

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Great job Welsh! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

FLASH ALERT..........PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES DEPARTS ANDREWS AIR FORCE BASE........

..........NORAD REPORTS TU-95 BEARS AND MYASISCHEV BISONS DEPARTING BASES IN SIBERIA........

......USS ENTERPRISE CARRIER BATTLE GROUP ORDERED FROM PUERTO RICO TO CUBA...........LAUNCHES A-7 CORSAIR COMBAT AIR PATROL.......

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That's just mind boggling Welshflyer 👏

I take it that would be JFK's luxury suite in the sky in your first pic. Love that Corsair 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

short lil ugly fellow... that was an underrated plane.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Isn't it amazing how perceptions differ - I really think it looks beautiful. Maybe because it looks mean. I like mean. Were they still used in Vietnam?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tail end of it... I don't think it saw a lot of action in Nam...

I call it that cause that was what the Navy called it, SLUF- Short lil ugly fella. (Kinda like how the Air Force calls the Thunderbolt, the warthog)

I remember it was still in service way into the era of the Tomcat, as my cousin used to tell me stories of it and other jets on the Nimitz.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks gents 😀 , nice bit of info there too!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

....FLASH ALERT.........HMS ARK ROYAL LAUNCHES BUCCANEERS OFF NORWEGIAN COAST....

.....RAF V BOMBER FORCE SCRAMBLES VULCANS FROM BASES ALL OVER THE UNITED KINGDOM....

....NEPTUNES FLY AHEAD OF REMAINING POLARIS BOOMERS PUTTING TO SEA FROM NORFOLK VIRGINIA.....

.....MONITOR FLASH ALERTS.........

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

....FLASH ALERT......B-52...CALLSIGN..POLAR BEAR ONE..ENTERS RUSSIAN AIRSPACE.....SU-17M4 FITTER LAUNCHED TO INTERCEPT...

...FITTER VECTORED TO INTERCEPT....

....POLAR BEAR ONE THREAT WARNING PICKS UP INCOMING FIGHTER...DECENDS TO LOW LEVEL...DEFENSIVE ARMAMENTS FAIL...

...RANGE TO INCOMING FIGHTER....30MILES....

....FITTER CLOSING ON POLAR BEAR ONE....

....MISSION COMMANDER SELECTS LOW YIELD NUCLEAR WEAPON...BEGINS RAPID DESCENT BEHIND MOUNTAIN RANGE FOR BLAST PROTECTION....

....FITTER CLOSES IN.....

......NUCLEAR EVENT DETECTED IN SIBERIA.....

....POLAR BEAR ONE CLIMBS OUT OF MOUNTAIN RANGE.......FITTER DOES NOT EMERGE FROM BLAST ZONE.....

.....FLASH ALERT.....ORIGINAL TU-16 HAS RETURNED TO CUBA WITHOUT ENTERING AMERICAN AIRSPACE.........US PRESIDENT AND RUSSIAN PREMIER RECALL ALL FORCES.......OFFICIAL REPORTS DENY ANY NUCLEAR EVENT IN SIBERIA....IT NEVER HAPPENED..... END.

GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK!

Pro Member Chief Captain

OMG Welsh!!! you did it! you dropped the bomb!

Btw I LOVE that Vulcan. How does she fly? Which one is it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

😀 Thanks bel, the Vulcan is here http://www.simviation.com/fs2004military69.htm . Iknow this came to an abrupt end but as we know these things can drag on a bit and people tend to lose interest.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I have yet to lose interest in your stories Welsh. Of course I know I have been slacking in mine too.... 😉

Thanks for the link!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

No problem bel 😀 , i've got another in mind but it'll take a bit of research! If it's possible. 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That's enough Welshflyer Fear you're spinning me out... I'm having difficulties distinguishing reality from virtuality as it is 😳

👏 👏 👏

Pro Member Chief Captain

Reality is the one that DOES NOT have a flight reset option....

hee heeh ee

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

Reality is the one that DOES NOT have a flight reset option....

hee heeh ee

Nice one. That clears up at least some of the confusion 🍻

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

loved the B-52 btw where did you get bomb effect

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

acepilot32 wrote:

loved the B-52 btw where did you get bomb effect

It's at Surclaro and it's called nukem_v1, not a particularly nice effect but i used it in context of the storyline 😕 . But thanks for the comment 😀 .

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

thanks. keep the story going still loving it