Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FSX standard to deluxe

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

Has anyone ever installed fsx deluxe over standard? If so, what are the pit-falls? Does it require a comlete uninstall of standard? Question
Thanks in advance ... Art

Pro Member Captain
cheezyflier Captain

there are several steps which you'll have to take in order to be sure it goes smoothly:

alight the flames From the compass' cardinal points. burn the sacred oil, and with the ashes, annoint. arrange the symbols of the wizard and magician. light the candles, Place the parchment paper in position. between its leaves place the lash from a black cat's eye, a straw of a broom, Fold, and, burn, and, centralize. be sure to use a hefty rock of salt to draw a pentagram on the floor to protect you from the shuggoth.
that should about do it.

Pro Member Captain
Duncan (Razgr1z912) Captain

What the hell did you just say cheezy?

Pro Member First Officer

I totally understand your instructions . I didn't realize that it was so simple. You made me see how little I really knew about arcaidian interpulative theory. Which brings me to the conclusion: a bicycle, because a vest has no wheels.
Best regards ... Art

Pro Member Captain
cheezyflier Captain

effieveda wrote:

I totally understand your instructions . I didn't realize that it was so simple. You made me see how little I really knew about arcaidian interpulative theory. Which brings me to the conclusion: a bicycle, because a vest has no wheels.
Best regards ... Art

such a thing of beauty, this answer - i almost cried...

Pro Member First Officer

No big deal cheezy, it was part of my doctoral thesis. It took a lot of research to find that there are indeed vests with sleeves, but none with wheels. (Emoticon of Groucho goes here).
So, I take it that in your opinion, the answer to my original inquiry is that it is impossible to do. I would still like a second opinion.
Best regards ... Art

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

effieveda wrote:

Has anyone ever installed fsx deluxe over standard? If so, what are the pit-falls? Does it require a comlete uninstall of standard? Question
Thanks in advance ... Art

I haven't done it but... I'm almost certain that you should be able to install the deluxe OVER the standard version. My theory is that the deluxe will find the components that are already present from the standard version and add only the new ones. In these instances MSFS seems to be very intuitive.

I also think that if my theory is wrong, you'll get a prompt after you've inserted the first Deluxe disc telling you something like: ..."another version of FSX already exists on your computer - please uninstall first...".

I'm sure you won't encounter too many difficulties.

Pro Member First Officer

Thank you Tailhook, all I really need is the SDK. I'm playing around with object placement. RWY12 does it (sometimes), but it's really time consuming. It's impossible to move a placed object a couple of inches to get it in the perfect spot. Abacus has a free scenery shortcut download that's supposed to let you see the object being moved, but it needs the SDK. So, I guess I'll give it a try. Has anyone tried this?
Incidently, I spent three years on an aircraft carrier way back in the late fifties. What a fantastic experience!
Thanks again for sharing your knowledge ... Art