Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

how to install aircraft

acepilot32
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:49 am 

Ok first off there are way to many people who still do not know how to add aircraft even after looking at the famous "post 1800" and it was made in 2004! so I am going to give a whole new set of instructions on how to add aircraft step by step now here we go.

step 1: download the aircraft you have selected and wait for the download to finish and larger files = long waiting.

step 2: once the aircraft has been downloaded a window should pop up that has a folder in it in this case the folder will be called 747.zip. now find the extract file button and click it. the extraction wizard window will pop up showing the destination for the zipped file now just press continue until its unzipped.

step 3: once the aircraft has been unzipped a new window will pop up just like the other window but this time the 747.zip folder will be larger.now click the X button on the old window that has the zipped folder because that window is useless.

step 4: open the folder 747.zip and there should be several other folders like panel model and texture and the occasional effects and gauges folder but will get back to those later on. there should be a read me file that came with it you should take time to read that because it should tell you how to install.

step 5: now click the back button and you`ll see the 747.zip now minimize the window.press start and click my computer. then click your hard drive which is usually the (C) drive. go to program files and scroll down until you see Microsoft games open up that folder and double click flight simulator 2004.

step 6: go back to your 747.zip window and right click the 747.zip ,and click "copy". then go back to your other window which is the flight simulator folder and find the "aircraft folder" and right click it and click "paste".

now to the gauges and effects folders. first open your effects or guages folder and copy all of the contents then open your fs2004 main folder and paste the contents into there respective folders

Group Wave presto there you go you have successfully added a aircraft.Group Wave

Last edited by acepilot32 on Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total
JACKAL1978
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:13 am 

Now your talking my language. Thanks, I am the type off person who asks where the "any" key is.
acepilot32
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:25 am 

no problem
JACKAL1978
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:58 am 

Where do you fly out off if I may ask? I mean for real. I fly out of Centennial, and have also flown out of Front Range in Colorado, working on my Instrument.
Best regards,
Josh
Cheeks
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:09 am 

Ace does not fly for real Wink Excellent installation procees for newbs Ace, bravo Clap
Please direct your complaints to the moon, they might care there.
acepilot32
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:14 am 

i dont fly.....yet but in 2 years ill be able to fly gliders

and thanks for compliment cheeks Very Happy i hope this will be able to be read by all the newbies that join flyaway
bawls327
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:17 am 

JACKAL1978 wrote:
Where do you fly out off if I may ask? I mean for real. I fly out of Centennial, and have also flown out of Front Range in Colorado, working on my Instrument.
Best regards,
Josh

I know that questions isnt to me and this is off topic but I fly out of PDK or Peachtree Dekalb Airport. I heard that flying in colorado is just wonderful. That is somewhere that I would love to fly in. I am still working on getting my private pilot. Then I will be going toward instrument which then the real excitement will come!
Cheeks
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:20 am 

acepilot32 wrote:
i dont fly.....yet but in 2 years ill be able to fly gliders

and thanks for compliment cheeks Very Happy i hope this will be able to be read by all the newbies that join flyaway

Gliders are fun, I have about 18 hours in the Diamond Super Dimona powered glider, it is a lovely aircraft to fly. I'm halfway thru getting my PPL's Very Happy Cant wait to fly solo in a powered aircraft Very Happy
acepilot32
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:21 am 

if i was an airline pilot i would love to fly out of O`hare in the fall on a cold morning with clear skies and bare trees
JACKAL1978
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:22 am 

Yes, flying out of KFTG AND KAPA is prety cool, I want to try out of the Metro or actually now its called Rocky Mountain. PDK huh, sounds like a nice airport. Take care and good luck on your private.
JACKAL1978
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:24 am 

Gliders huh, wow, that takes some guts, I dont know if I would dare do that but sounds cool. In my case, if I dont hear the engine then I have a problem.
Cheeks
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:26 am 

JACKAL1978 wrote:
Gliders huh, wow, that takes some guts, I dont know if I would dare do that but sounds cool. In my case, if I dont hear the engine then I have a problem.

I personally like powered gliders better than normal gliders, but when you turn the engine off, it is beautiful, just the wind rushing by, no noisy engine anymore, and so smooth. But still, powere aircraft are King Wink Very Happy
acepilot32
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:32 am 

Cheeks wrote:
JACKAL1978 wrote:

I personally like powered gliders better than normal gliders, but when you turn the engine off, it is beautiful, just the wind rushing by, no noisy engine anymore, and so smooth. But still, powere aircraft are King Wink Very Happy

agreed
belgeode
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:57 pm 

This post needs to be stickied and placed at the top of this and general forum.

Radar can you oblige us please?
US AIR TALES- Stories of one man's virtual life as a pilot
acepilot32
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:08 pm 

yea because im getting board of having to post the address to a person how doesnt know how to install aircraft
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:49 pm 

There has been a comprehensive one as a sticky far before anyone in this thread joined.

Radar

acepilot32
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:58 pm 

RadarMan wrote:
There has been a comprehensive one as a sticky far before anyone in this thread joined.

Radar

yes but how many new people actually understand it i mean i dont care if this becomes a sticky or not it's just annoying when new people dont understand it