Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Returning Flyer

Pro Member Trainee
Key Trainee

Was forced to drop FS9 from my old machine 3 yrs ago when it failed. The install I had was fully customized with 3rd party scenery/meshes, aircraft etc.

However, during the intervening years I have totally forgotten the correct installation procedures and if there are patches etc.

Could someone please get me back up to speed on correct installation procedures/patches etc...It would be greatly appreciated, as I would like to get flying again !!! Smile

PS:
I have the 4 disks but the manual has long since disappeared. Does it require a serial # to install again?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Key wrote:

Was forced to drop FS9 from my old machine 3 yrs ago when it failed. The install I had was fully customized with 3rd party scenery/meshes, aircraft etc.

However, during the intervening years I have totally forgotten the correct installation procedures and if there are patches etc.

Could someone please get me back up to speed on correct installation procedures/patches etc...It would be greatly appreciated, as I would like to get flying again !!! Smile

PS:
I have the 4 disks but the manual has long since disappeared. Does it require a serial # to install again?

Just insert disc 1 and follow instructions - takes a while. Once everything is installed, run FS2004, it will still extract some files. Okay once everything is sweet, shut the sim down and go to https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/ and download and install the patch. This should really be done BEFORE you install any 3rd party add-ons. That's it, pretty straight forward.

PS: You don't need a serial.

Pro Member Trainee
Key Trainee

Thanks for that, I had a feeling it was all pretty straightforward but just couldn't remember all this time! Just hope I can find all the registration keys for the various aircraft/scenery models I bought & downloaded!