Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

How and Where can i Download new Planes for FSX?

Pro Member Trainee
chapi204 Trainee

well...i have been downloading planes on this website in the FSX dowloads, but everytime i download one, and save it in the SimObjects file in my FSX...when i want to choose i plane... the plane i just downloaded isnt there as an option...
what can i do to fix that problem?
is it something related to zip..cause i dont really know..
and should i have to have a special program to download planes?

Pro Member Trainee
chapi204 Trainee

oohh..and btw...how can i video on FSX my flight? or take screenshots?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
shylock (scottyboy39) First Officer

First off you put it in the wrong folder.When you first download it you need to juts put it in your FSX folder thats in your document folder.Once the download is complete go into the FSX folder and unzip the aircraft folder.Then you move the aircraft folder into your simobject/airplanes folder.

This is incase the link radar gave is not easy to figure out

Pro Member Trainee
mattyg13 Trainee

I've been downloading planes but there not on the game, when I go to select the planes the ones I downloaded are not there. Why are there no instructions for this?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Look at Radarmans post and click on the first link, that should help and read it carefully Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

chapi204 wrote:

well...i have been downloading planes on this website in the FSX dowloads, but everytime i download one, and save it in the SimObjects file in my FSX...when i want to choose i plane... the plane i just downloaded isnt there as an option...
what can i do to fix that problem?
is it something related to zip..cause i dont really know..
and should i have to have a special program to download planes?

Installing aircraft into FSX can be painless if you're willing to part from prehistoric methods:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Pro Member Captain
Duncan (Razgr1z912) Captain

Q: Where do I download planes?

A: Click Here.