WHAT'S YOUR ULTIMATE ?

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Ok, so let's say that it doesn't exist out there already but what would be your 'perfect' add-on that included everything that you love about the Sim ??

Here is mine for starters :-

- It would be a 757 or 767 because they are such a major part of Airline Operations yet are not represented AT ALL by boxed CD addons for FS2004.

- It would have a SOUND SET produced by the people who made 737NG.

- It would have the full FMC (Flight Management Computer) from the real plane (90% functionality).

- It would having working TCAS (Traffic Collision Avoidance).

- It would have a drop dead gorgeous Virtual Cockpit and Virtual Cabin

- All doors, (including Cargo) would be independantly openable (new word), not just SHIFT+E.

- Flight Attendant announcements would feature, and would play automatically at the appropriate times.

- Same for First Officer Call Outs.

- It would have the capability to have a real First Officer who would automatically 'look after' certain aspects from Flaps to Throttle.

- It would include 'aircraft ambience' and 'cockpit voices'.

- On take-off roll you would hear lot's of clanging and banging from the ageing interior (not just engine noise). (Same on landing).

...... and that's all I'm asking

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

My ULTIMATE would be a dual package airport/aircraft addon.

Aircraft: Delta Airlines MD-88/MD-90.
It'd have 100% true to life cockpit, a first officer...a hot one at that. Fully functional as well 😎

Sounds recorded from a real live MD-88 and 90.

Cockipit ambiance.
Passengers in the awesome cabin.

Functional food.

Functional Cabin.

just the delta livery.

Airport addon would have: the ability to hike around in every airport/city around the world. I know, it'd be like 20GB, but thats waht big HD's are for. You can do stuff in the cities too, like talk to people, get them to fly with you, get money, buy a bike and ride around.

Pretty much, a mix between Postal 2, Doom 3's lighting and textures *drool*, Morrowind's functionality, Heino's KICK-ASSERY,
and FS9's FS9-ERY

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

.... I like the sound of that!

FEM, just to let you know there is a major new add-on omcing out in January called "Mad Dog 2004", which feature a selection of the best MDs... It's taken them over a year to get it ready.

It'll not cheap at £25 ($42) but early peeks of it look great !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

sweetness...does it feature Heino???

😛😛😛😛

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

GPS,

Yes it would be cool to have all of the features that both you and FEM mentioned. Callouts coming automatically would be good. Throttle quad back to decend and the attendant says, "Ladies and gentlemen as we begin our decent to ( and intuitively inclued the FS9 destination etc.) --I'll bet FS2005 or 6 will be better by far and I see from the Microsoft website that their engineers monitor Fly Away and the other major sites so we will see my friend! 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...