CH Pro Yoke and pedals

Pro Member Trainee
Duck Trainee

I have bought a new Gateway computer and it came with Windows Vista. I purchased Flight Sim X and loaded it. In the past , I have using CH Pro Flight yoke and CH Pro rudder pedals. I have loaded the drivers for these controls, and the computer tells me that the best drivers have been loaded, and that the devices are working properly. However, when I go the game devices in Windows control panel, the are not listed. Does anyone have any ideas on setting these up. They worked great with Windows XP and Century of Flight.

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check the programs list, it may be under Microsoft Hardware.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

You can download the CH Control Manager from CH Products...........it really allows more precise calibrating of both yoke and pedals - IMO
cthiggin

Pro Member Trainee
Duck Trainee

cthiggin wrote:

You can download the CH Control Manager from CH Products...........it really allows more precise calibrating of both yoke and pedals - IMO
cthiggin

I have CH Control Manager loaded and both the yoke and pedals calibrated, but neither Windows game controller, or Flight Sim X will recognize them

Pro Member First Officer

If memory serves ???? you have to install the ??? hub root driver first, then CH Control Manager......................I screwed up the first time and didn't load it and the Manager wouldn't work.........................
Maybe????? this will help.............if not, sure hope your resolve the issue.....I hate for things not to work friend.
cthiggin

Pro Member Trainee
Duck Trainee

cthiggin wrote:

If memory serves ???? you have to install the ??? hub root driver first, then CH Control Manager......................I screwed up the first time and didn't load it and the Manager wouldn't work.........................
Maybe????? this will help.............if not, sure hope your resolve the issue.....I hate for things not to work friend.
cthiggin

It is getting late, but I will check out the the loading order tomorrow. Thanks for hanging in there with me. I know that I will get it to work sooner or later. (I would prefer sooner.)

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Ah-Ha

I also use CH controls and they work fine with control manager on Xp !

This is the final straw argument not to upgrade to vista at this time.

So what is a ??? hub root driver software?

Pro Member First Officer

If you go to CH Products download page and read their overview, it will tell you about hub root MUST be installed for CH Control Manager to operate properly. IF Control Manager is already installed, you must uninstall it, install the first file, then Control Manager. I had an awful problem until I read the overview. ALSO, in Vista, which I'm using - when first installed, another screen opened up and stated "installing hub root........, then CH Manager installed. Works fine on my Vista.
Hope this may help.
cthiggin

Pro Member Trainee
Duck Trainee

OK! I will go through the steps again. I did not download the hub root driver first. Thanks.
Duck

Pro Member Trainee
Duck Trainee

[YES!!! I have working and went flying. Thank you sooooo much. by the way, I love the graphics.

Duck

Pro Member First Officer

Duck - that's GREAT..................so happy for you............

FYI - IF that hadn't worked..............I was going to suggest that IF you had the yoke and pedals plugged in on the "front" panel, plug them into the back of computer.................."sometimes" the longer usb cables that come from motherboard to front panel will "lose" some juice and just not be identified...............
Good flying friend,
cthiggin

Pro Member Trainee
Duck Trainee

cthiggin wrote:

Duck - that's GREAT..................so happy for you............

FYI - IF that hadn't worked..............I was going to suggest that IF you had the yoke and pedals plugged in on the "front" panel, plug them into the back of computer.................."sometimes" the longer usb cables that come from motherboard to front panel will "lose" some juice and just not be identified...............
Good flying friend,
cthiggin

I'll remember that. Thanks.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...