Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

WOW!!

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

What a BIG difference it makes to have SP2 installed!! DX10 is just beautiful!! My frames rates went up from lets say 25 fps to 45 frames fps!
Even when flying in LA, the rates stayed around 20. For those out there that want to experience DX10 and don't have Vista or a DX10 card, you missing out!

My input

Happy Flying!!

😀

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

jetman35 wrote:

What a BIG difference it makes to have SP2 installed!! DX10 is just beautiful!! My frames rates went up from lets say 25 fps to 45 frames fps!
Even when flying in LA, the rates stayed around 20. For those out there that want to experience DX10 and don't have Vista or a DX10 card, you missing out!

My input

Happy Flying!!

😀

glad to hear that, have a great holiday!

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

indeed, WOW! The FPS increase is simply great! I saw a + 20 Fps increase near major airports and more in farther areas.

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

Unfortunately having the DX10 box checked causes issues for me. The most obvious one is flickering textures on the runway. The other issue is that if I try to load a new airport or scenario after my initial load that for some reason my progress bar moves VERRRY slow and if I let it go it ultimately draws a small window - selecting full screen has no effect. Unfortunately the DX10 is unusable as is for me. This is why I thought there was new stuff in SP2 even for acceleration people. What was the delay between acceleration and the release of SP2 standalone?? I'm still confused.

Pro Member Trainee
francois1 Trainee

Hello everyone

Am I correct in thinking that DX10 is ONLY for 'Vista' please?

regards

francois1 ❓ ❓

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

Only Vista..

Pro Member Trainee
jewkid80 Trainee

were do you get sp2

Pro Member Trainee
Zeemon Trainee

Is it right that the option to enable DX10 is called "Preview DirectX 10"?
Because when i enable that my game runs like twice as SLOW 😞

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

I decided to change my OS from XP to Vista so that I could use DX10 with FSX.
I run two monitors and found that my main monitor flashed through various views with large blank white areas without any input from me. Outside of any flights the monitors worked OK. It was unusable. I had to go back to XP.
Any ideas please?

Simmy

Pro Member Trainee
Zeemon Trainee

Simmy wrote:

I decided to change my OS from XP to Vista so that I could use DX10 with FSX.
I run two monitors and found that my main monitor flashed through various views with large blank white areas without any input from me. Outside of any flights the monitors worked OK. It was unusable. I had to go back to XP.
Any ideas please?

Simmy

Yea, had the same thing, quick google does wonders though. Microsoft brought out a fix for it themselves;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933590

Letterly says "The Flight Simulator X game display flickers and become corrupted on a Windows Vista-based computer that is connected to more than one monitor"

Install that, reboot and it will work for sure, let us know though 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

will that patch work for those only using one monitor and running Vista? There are definitely differences when I use the DX10 Preview. FPS go up, but I get flickering on the runway and taxiway lines.

Pro Member Trainee
Zeemon Trainee

rowcoach wrote:

will that patch work for those only using one monitor and running Vista? There are definitely differences when I use the DX10 Preview. FPS go up, but I get flickering on the runway and taxiway lines.

Negative,

I have that aswell on 2 monitors, i only found one solution to fix that; just turn dx10 off again. Seriously i havent seen any improvements on my pc, it only ran slower on dx10.

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

faust1200 wrote:

Unfortunately having the DX10 box checked causes issues for me. The most obvious one is flickering textures on the runway. The other issue is that if I try to load a new airport or scenario after my initial load that for some reason my progress bar moves VERRRY slow and if I let it go it ultimately draws a small window - selecting full screen has no effect. Unfortunately the DX10 is unusable as is for me. This is why I thought there was new stuff in SP2 even for acceleration people. What was the delay between acceleration and the release of SP2 standalone?? I'm still confused.

I recall clearly stating, many times, that the standalone SP2 available for free download would be the same as the SP2 in Acceleration. So that should be no suprise.

And made several posts on my blog about why there was a delay. So the information is available.

Pro Member Trainee
FlyPast Trainee

Are there any benefits to be had in non Vista users and non DX10 users in installing SP2?

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Are there any benefits to be had in non Vista users and non DX10 users in installing SP2?

If my experience is any indication, I would say no!!

I installed it and it totally borked up my FSX setup, everything from gaping holes in airplanes to anything you can think of.
Luckily it uninstalled cleanly so no lingering issues.

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

FlyPast wrote:

Are there any benefits to be had in non Vista users and non DX10 users in installing SP2?

Yes, my blog post from Oct 2 on what is in Acceleration/SP2 talks to what is there for DX9 customers running either Vista or XP.

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

Thanks Zeeman. Unfortunately I re-installed XP with the intention of waiting until Microsoft sort out their problems with Vista when I will re-install the latter so at the moment I do not know if it will work.
I went onto the link for the Vista fix but noted that the patches are for 64 bit and 86 bit. I have 32 bit. Do you know if the fix applies to 32 bit?

Simmy

Pro Member First Officer
Heyjoojoo First Officer

So, it sounds like I would need a DX10 graphics card to see any real benefits from using SP2 on FSX right?

If you're having real benefits from the SP2 and you have DirectX10, please post your graphics card and system processor specs. It will help tell the story.

Good weekend,
Kareem

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

Simmy wrote:

Thanks Zeeman. Unfortunately I re-installed XP with the intention of waiting until Microsoft sort out their problems with Vista when I will re-install the latter so at the moment I do not know if it will work.
I went onto the link for the Vista fix but noted that the patches are for 64 bit and 86 bit. I have 32 bit. Do you know if the fix applies to 32 bit?

Simmy

Ignore my request. I have just found out that x86 is 32-bit

Simmy

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

So, what about this DX 10.1?, is only ATI working with it?.

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions