SearchSearch 

Is flight simulator a game?

Can you define Microsoft's Flight Simulator as a game?
No, Flight Simulator is a simulator, you can't really compare it to other games
76%
 76%  [ 13 ]
Yes, Flight Simulator is like any other game, you play it on your computer and you enjoy it.
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Diffrent then above options; <reply>
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

Pro Member Trainee
Zeemon Trainee

Hello everyone,

This topic might be weird but i just need to get it of my shoulders because it drives me absolutely crazy 😛

On my teamspeak I have a big discussion about whether FS is a game or not.

I get to hear that FS is a crap game all the time, my reply to that is that you can't judge in that way because it is a diffrent type of recreation, it's more of having (flight) simulation as a hobby rather then just playing a game.

They all don't play FS so I personally think they have a bad view of FS because they imagine it that you just sit with a joystick, steer and handle the throttle. While people who do play it a lot know it is far diffrent then f.e. Call of Duty, Battlefield, Guild Wars, etc.

So the main discussion is whether it is a game or not, please vote on the poll so I can finally close our argues.

I hope it's clear what I mean as it's hard to explain 😛
Please vote and let me know what your opinion is.

Thanks a lot 😀

Zeemon

13 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It's a piece of software for goodness sake.
You can call it a game, you can call it a simulator, you can call it my spouse - you can call it anything you like. You can even build a little shrine in a secluded corner and start worshipping it. What matters is how you use it. Let's just keep in mind that flying aircraft is not the only thing you can do with this lovely piece of software.

Zeemon if you do a search you'll find that this has already been discussed to death not only here but at other flightsim portals as well. It leads nowhere and only starts flaming wars.

Enjoy the sim/game/software...

Regards, Tailhook 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

You can call it a game, you can call it a simulator, you can call it my spouse - you can call it anything you like. You can even build a little shrine in a secluded corner and start worshipping it. What matters is how you use it. Let's just keep in mind that flying aircraft is not the only thing you can do with this lovely piece of software.

Zeemon if you do a search you'll find that this has already been discussed to death not only here but at other flightsim portals as well. It leads nowhere and only starts flaming wars.

Regards, Tailhook 🍻

Amen to that 👍

Pro Member Trainee
Zeemon Trainee

Lol, i didnt even know there were already people having the same argues 😛 But yea i guess your right, you can call it what you want.
But that doesnt take away that it annoys me that people see it like a normall videogame xD

Pro Member Trainee
Zeemon Trainee

emerald_flag wrote:

whats the point of asking is it a game or is it a way of life then, why do u care?

if you think its a game then go you it's a game.

if you think it is anything else then go you for doing that.

Read my post :/ it says why i ask it

Pro Member Trainee
james (blackforce) Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

Regards, Tailhook 🍻

this was funny tailhook thanks for getting this over

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

emerald_flag wrote:

it's people like you that make the internet bad

Let it go emerald - he is NOT making the internet bad - we all post thoughtless at times. Instead of flaming you could spend your precious time resizing the screenshots you intend on uploading the next time.

Off you go, don't be lazy now

🙂)

Pro Member Trainee
Zeemon Trainee

Rofl. I was just in a weird mood yesterday 😛 If you ask me you can put a lock on 😛

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

To be honest i dont see Flight Simulator as a game. But thats me

Here is what Wikipedia said: Microsoft Flight Simulator is a flight simulator program for Microsoft Windows, marketed and often seen as a video game

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

I believe in FSX. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
Zeemon Trainee

morris91 wrote:

To be honest i dont see Flight Simulator as a game. But thats me

Here is what Wikipedia said: Microsoft Flight Simulator is a flight simulator program for Microsoft Windows, marketed and often seen as a video game

Nice catch 😛

Pro Member Trainee
paulchris2 Trainee

If you are trying to gain status through posts, I suggest you ask some relevant and intelligent aviation questions.
Paul

Pro Member Trainee
Zeemon Trainee

paulchris2 wrote:

If you are trying to gain status through posts, I suggest you ask some relevant and intelligent aviation questions.
Paul

Well that's a bit of a dumb conclusion, if you look around I am posting "normall" things aswell. And I already said that I regret this topic anyways.

Pro Member First Officer
honuala First Officer

man i cant belive some of the posts i read in reguards to this post....dang people its just a question no need to chop his nuts off.......geeessssss