SearchSearch 

US Navy "Security" in FS9 ??

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

After flying FS9 for several months I have been wondering about possible US Navy security censorship. The Navy and Marine Corps airfields are in FS9, but very few have ILS frequencies available on the "map" display. There are exceptions to the rule-- for instance Pensacola NAS and Patuxent River NAS have the ILS freqs shown on the map.

Since the Navy and Marine Corps airfields have long runways, and are paid for by the US taxpayers, I would guess that they all have ILS approaches available. But FS9 does not show the freqs in most cases.

Did the Navy prevail upon Bill Gates to omit Navy freqs as a security precaution??

As far as I can tell right now, US Air Force and Army airfields have all of their ILS freqs available on the FS9 map. 🙄

2 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Paiute wrote:

Did the Navy prevail upon Bill Gates to omit Navy freqs as a security precaution??

I cannot tell you whether the Navy asked Bill Gates to not include that information in FS9. I for one, cannot fathom any reason why ILS frequencies would be available on a few NAS, but not the majority.

Have you noticed that a number of capital buildings in Washington DC are incorrectly placed in this latest version (FS9) of Microsoft's Flight Simulator? This of course was done for obvious reasons. 😞 Thankfully.

Guest Ed Guest

I'd be curious to know if the ILS frequencies that are given for USAF and USN runways are even correct. I don't suppose it would be difficult to learn the correct frequencies, of course.

Ed