Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

GPS Citation

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Have done a bit on the Citation - still fairly rough but it is coming along
Got to do a bit of repositioning of the name - trouble with the Citation is there are not a lot of flat surfaces.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

That is fantastic - perfect.

I like the text just as it is because it's subtle and more in keeping with the "Citation" side of the airline !

AND I LOVE THE "ROGERS AVIATION" BIT !

Dave, I'd love to be constructive and suggest more but it is just perfect as it is - it has the name on, the Coat of Arms, and the "Rogers Aviation" - it is the best looking Citation this side of the moon, and I'm sure customers will be fighting for tickets to fly to Barra and Orkney in that !

Thanks so much again Dave - that really is a bit special !

Pro Member Captain

Well thank you - I am always open to suggestions (as long as they are not rude :lol🙂 - so feel free.
You're going to run out of runway at Barra ❗ ❗ ❗ Hopefully the sand might be wet, that'll slow you down a bit!!!

Pro Member Captain

Good point - N.E.A.R might have to buy a Twin Otter for that one !

Pro Member Captain

Hi - hope you had a nice weekend - I missed the Saturday mail lift - but it's an ill wind......... gave me time to do you an Twotter skybus - still painting it but here is a preview - pic also shows changes on the hangar notice.
Here it is -

Last edited by Dave Copeland (davec) on Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain

... and here is the newest and probably the slowest addition to your fleet - but she does fly!!

All the a/c will be on your next CD
You are no doubt beginning to show withdrawal symptoms. You have had no simming for 2 days!!!

Pro Member Captain

Hi Dave,

Looking good ! Love the new Hangar sign - it's ready for it's maintenance duties and C- Checks ! That's also a fine Twin Otter, now that's a plane I can fly already as I have a version that came free with the "Holiday Resorts 2004" add-on that I have. It's a great plane, cruises pretty slow but amazing Short Take-Off / Landing capabilities....

I once didn't turn onto final base until I was actually over the Runway at EGNT, and I still managed to get down 500 feet, land and stop within the Runway limit !

However, I certainly DON'T have a N.E.A.R Twin Otter so really looking forwward to that - what a fleet I will have by the time that Airline launches!

Thanks again Dave, hope you had a good weekend too that wasn't totally dominated by aircraft painting for me !

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

might be worth checking what pro painters cost per hour these days, GPS, before you're in for a big surprise when the bills come in when your entire fleet is painted 😂

They're all very nice looking btw DaveC...
Nice job! 🙂

Pro Member Captain

Well I'm assured I can pay DaveC in fine Scotch Whisky, so I'd better see about setting up my own Distilliary, to make enough Whisky to pay Dave for the painting he's done for me !

Pro Member Captain

ARD-DC wrote:

might be worth checking what pro painters cost per hour these days, GPS, before you're in for a big surprise when the bills come in when your entire fleet is painted 😂

Hope you're not confusing me with a pro painter - I'm a 'lookie learnie amateur' (as the results show), who would not dream of charging my friends, even in whisky.
Glad to see you back GPS - and hope you still enjoyed your visit to wet Wales - I could have told you that it always rains there - spent a weeks camping holiday at Pendine Sands a few years ago and am still drying my socks out!! Have got some bad and some good news for you. I did mention elsewhere that I had put a query to the author of the Eaglesoft Hangar, his response meant I have to do a bit more editing of the hangar textures which means you won't get that CD until later in the week. The good news - it now makes the night scenery very good and I would expect that with your airline in high demand, you'll be doing some night departures/arrivals.

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

pfff you almost got some quality whisky there.....
can't believe you just turned that down 😂

Pro Member Captain

Alas! Doctor's orders ❗ Evil or Very Mad

Not familiar with expression 'pfff' can you please enlighten me?

...And for GPS - been doing some tidying of night textures and it is coming along - the Citation has just come back from Zurich and is needing it's bed !!!

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

'lookie learnie amateur' (as the results show)

well - you're not doing yourself justice there - I certainly couldn't do these "paint-on-request" 😳

Can't explain the "pffff" really 😀
might be a Dutch thing, or even a personal thing - but nothing bad obviously.....all in good faith 🙂

Pro Member Captain

Pffff-fair enough ! I agree ARD-DC, Dave is playing down his abilities, I can't even move folders about within FS without fear that I'll cause some damage.

The Citation is looking good, and hope you're keeping her in the Hangar - I don't want her being all scruffy when she comes down on her Ferry Flight !

The sign looks great lit up like that - yip, there'll definately be some midnight executive runs.... Simon Cowell has asked us to look after his trans-Atlantic hops !

Pro Member Captain

pfff - I don't think it'll ever catch on as a catchphrase - I have a Dutchman living in the village here - next time I see him - I'll ask.

To accomplish these repaints, do what I did - gave my wife a Repaint tutorial and told her to study it whilst she was ironing, cooking, vacuum cleaning, cleaning the windows, etc and she now does all the repaints when she gets up at 5 a.m to do her milk run, except Sunday, no milk run!!
For GPS - you should have your CD by Friday

Pro Member Captain

That's a big 😀 😂 😀 😛 10-4, Dave !

It isn't even me that's posting on here any more, I trained my missus to be "The GPS Kid" and so I stay in bed 24 per day and she lives out my life for me (in between, cooking, washing, cleaning, waxing the car, shopping, seeing my friends for me, fanning me when it get's hot in here).

Yours Sincerely,

Sarah

(The GPS Kid's missus)

Pro Member Captain

Dear Sarah,
Do you think you could learn to repaint in your spare time 😂
Regards
Davec