Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

re-working CYWG's AFCAD

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

So I'm starting to play around with the AFCAD for Winnipeg International. If I put the new file into the add on scenery folder will it completely overwrite and replace the FSX default .bgl file for CYWG, or will it just merge the two?

On the same note - where do I find the default .bgl files in FSX?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

rowcoach wrote:

If I put the new file into the add on scenery folder will it completely overwrite and replace the FSX default .bgl file for CYWG, or will it just merge the two?

The two .bgls will not be merged. If both have an identical name (which they should), you will as usual be prompted whether you want to overwrite the existing file.
The best practice is always to back up the original first and alter its name slightly BEFORE you add the new file.

If the original file name is CYWG.bgl for example, you have several options, the most common being:

CYWG.bgl.bak

or

CYWG.bgl.orig

I personally prefer to prefix the original filename with orig. instead thus arriving at orig.CYWG.bgl.
The reason for that is that in my own experience the OS can mistakingly load the wrong file if the BEGINNING of the name is identical. By starting the filename with 'orig.' or 'bak.' this possible glitch will not happen. Hack

Very Happy