SearchSearch 

another AI question

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

I made an AI airline using original planes rather than AI repaints and textures. Is there a benefit to using the textures designed for AI, or are they pretty much the same thing?

4 Responses

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

I fink its the same really or not as much detail on the AI texture.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Yes, they are the same thing. With a repaint, you need to add it to the original, so original files save you time 😉

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

yeah, they seem to be working fine, but it looks like they eat up my fps's. It does make everything seem a little more realistic though - so all is good.

Thanks for your help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

rowcoach wrote:

I made an AI airline using original planes rather than AI repaints and textures. Is there a benefit to using the textures designed for AI, or are they pretty much the same thing?

The obvious difference is the file size, which according to my simple logic indicates that the texture quality itself will be inferior compared to the textures of original planes.
The principle AFAIK is the same as with dense scenery. Scenario: Your at a detailed airport and you've got plenty of AI traffic ATM. Your card can just manage without stuttering too much... now if all of the AI were painted in full (non-AI) textures, your frame rates would probably drop to an unacceptable level.
Not being a repainter myself I don't know much about the gory details. If you wish to check with someone in the know, ask COL7777 in the repaint forum. I've noticed that most if not all of his repaints are for AI traffic.