Error: Failed to read from file message in FS2004

Pro Member First Officer
walesdragon First Officer

I was playing FS2004 and this happened quite a few times. I start up the game, load, taxi, take-off fly and Flight Simulator just closes and an error appears.

"Error: Failed to read from file"

Do any of you guys know what's going on?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You using the crack or have disk 4 in.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258496

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

I am using teh disk 4.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Use the crack, we have it here for download in the utility section.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Ok, thank you. Hopefully it'll work. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Let us know.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

I haven't seen that error yet. But I was flying from Sydney to Adelaide the screen went black and FS just closed. Mind you that i was flying for around 2 and a half hours... I had it on AP the majority of the time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You could be overheating.
Open the case and do a good cleaning, the fans and the heatsink are the most important.
If you like you can add a fan on the rear grid, cost...about $20, very easy.
Blow hot air out, not in.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Hmmm.., good idea. Except, I'm too young to work. I still have to wait 4 months till i can. And i spent the last of my money buying a model F/A 18 super hornet. It was awesome. Lasted me about 9 hours. My hands were covered with glue though. And i think the same has happened with my laptop too. Because i can only go on the laptop for about 20 minutes before it just crashes. I think my dad said there was a problem with the fan.
And i also played FS2004 on lower graphics and it turns out fine. @_@

Maybe i am putting the graphics too high as well.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

from my understanding higher graphics = higher stress on the graphics card = hotter card!

Pro Member First Officer

Graphic lowering time!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...