Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Connie Leaving 9 Dragons

Pro Member Trainee
skompier Trainee

FS2004

Modest System Specs= P4 2.8 - nVidia 7600GS

Photoshop used for cropping and black border only.

Water=World Environment

Pro Member Captain
Steve (SpiderWings) Captain

Love the Connie. Great shot. Is 9 Dragons the old Hong Kong airport?

Pro Member Trainee
skompier Trainee

Yes...this is the new 9Dragons scenery that was released recently. Thanks for the reply... Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Nice shot Very Happy , the scenery looks great, but the size of the download files Shocked.

Pro Member Trainee
skompier Trainee

Welshflyer wrote:

Nice shot Very Happy , the scenery looks great, but the size of the download files Shocked.

Yea..the download size was quite daunting when I first saw it, but the speed was very fast for me and it took less than 15 minutes to get all the files.

After seeing this video, I HAD to have this scenery...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Shocked Shocked Shocked Great video clip thanks for posting! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

When I saw the screenie first I thought it was Hong Kong just looking at the mountains in the background. The 'Connie' well, didn't impress me much, reason being, I couldn't figure out the livery...though the capture in its entirety is really nice.
I thought IF this is out of Kai Tek why not use the old CATHAY livery...

Anyhow, googling took me back to where I thought you should go for old Cathay a/c textures... 'Swiremariners' - is it? ...and as usual, I found myself lost at that beautiful site, too much to look at for a mere child Mr. Green
HOWEVER: I found a file at avsim: 21Megs - what the heck is Welshflyer going on about???
Oops! The 21Megs were just for the PDF Shocked

I'm just downloading the YouTube clip... I like some of the 'Comments and Responses' :

FSX sucks, I am a developer and after spending months trying to figurer it out. It just ain't developer friendly. I will continue to make addons for FS9.
ravilamir
Thank you! I absolutely agree with you! What products do you do? Even if they are payware, I'll support anyone who's sticking with FS2004!

FS9 RULES!!!

Thanks for the nice screenie and the inspiration skompier Very Happy

Pro Member Trainee
skompier Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

When I saw the screenie first I thought it was Hong Kong just looking at the mountains in the background. The 'Connie' well, didn't impress me much, reason being, I couldn't figure out the livery...though the capture in its entirety is really nice.
I thought IF this is out of Kai Tek why not use the old CATHAY livery...

Thanks for the nice screenie and the inspiration skompier Very Happy

I see what you mean regarding the livery...however...I didn't have a 747 that would be "correct" for the time frame. I did have a Connie and with a little imagination, I figured that one "may have" taken off from there a time or two... Smile I now have a JAL 747 that would be perfect, but I'm using it trying to shoot the runway 13 approach...scary stuff...lol

Thanks for the nice comment...

Steve