Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Graphics card

Pro Member First Officer
JP (jpalmer2004) First Officer

Hey guys,

i just wanted to get a heads up on putting a graphics card in my pc. Do you guys think i'll have any issue putting in a new Gforce graphics card into my Emachine T3958? it is a 340 Celeron D with 512 MB's

I just wanted to get a heads up before i go out and blow some mula.....

JP

Pro Member First Officer
Fredericia01 First Officer

jpalmer2004 wrote:

Hey guys,

i just wanted to get a heads up on putting a graphics card in my pc. Do you guys think i'll have any issue putting in a new Gforce graphics card into my Emachine T3958? it is a 340 Celeron D with 512 MB's

I just wanted to get a heads up before i go out and blow some mula.....

JP

If it was me, then I´d save my money, and buy a new and up to date pc.

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

from what iv heard emachines are not very good good computers so i would save up for maybe a Dell inspiron 530 or if have lots of cash get the dell xps

Pro Member First Officer
Fatall First Officer

if you choose dell dont pick a old one.
the old dell pc's are have one block shall i say
you cant update important stuff in the old dell cause then it will damage the whole pc

new dell pc's dont have that anymore

Pro Member Chief Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Chief Captain

Hi there, what about GeForce 8400 gt?, do you think it is acceptable?.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

From what I can tell on the Internet, your computer does not have a AGP or PCi express slot to upgrade your graphics card. Most cards have either of these two interfaces. The only recourse would be to get a PCI card (not to be confused with a PCi express) which is not as good as AGP or PCI express. I have provided a link to a few, below. I would also buy more RAM to bring your computer up to its max of 2 GB. You computer is minimal, you may want to look for a better computer for Flight Simulator.

Arrow PCI cards