Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FSX loading error

Pro Member Trainee
Arul Dass (arulu) Trainee

Friends, the FSX was running very well, but now when loading a new scenery or airport, taking a long time even 5 minutes to load. I just could not trace the problem. Can you please help me to solve this. Thanks.

My system Vista ,Dual Core E6420 2.13, Nvidia 8500GT 512MB with 3gig DDR2 ram memory.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The more you have in the FSX folder the longer it will take to get from splash screen to menu.
After that it should load the scenery like normal.
If it's slow, try defraging the h/d.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Thanks Radarman, I think there is a problem in FSX. All of a sudden this problem has arise. I do regular defrag. Other games run as usual. Please help me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you loaded SP2, delete it and see if that helps.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

I agree with RM, go back to SP1 if you have a lot add-ons. I have the same problem where my FSX wouldn't start and after removing SP2 its starts and it runs a lot faster.

Pro Member Trainee

Thanks friends, I tried uninstalling & reinstalling FSX then SP1 then the expansion pack accelerator. The problem remain the same. Loading took a long long time in everything. It was running well all these while, this sudden problem arised. Any solution friends.

Pro Member Trainee
davidllada Trainee

The issue well may be the Acceleration pack. I have simply gave up with it.

I had MSFX with SP1 installed. Then I installed the expansion pack, and then I got an error message everytime I tried to run MSFX. It didn't work anymore.

I tried reinstalling the whole operating system to avoid any incompatibility, and then, with a clean system and without any add-on, tried again. Same result Sad

I even tried to install it in my laptop: it barely fulfil the hardware requirements, but shoulld be enough for a test. And I found the same issue: Acceleration expansion just ruin it all.

PS: So, if after reading this anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to sell the Acceleration expansion Wink

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

I was having weird slow loads but unchecking DX10 preview fixed it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check Windows update use the "custom" button not the express button, you may need the .NET updates installed.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Friends I am trying every way to find a solution. I will try what Radarman has suggested. Thanks.