Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Account

davidherringer
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:11 pm 

Please could you let me know how I cancel my account. I have tried to email the team but the do not reply.

Thanks,

David
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:53 pm 

Contact Pay-Pal and tell them to stop.

Radar

melhinss
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:11 pm 

Hi davidherringer,

I've had the same problem! 8 emails and 1 phone call later - still no reply ! They sure seem to be taking the easy way out. Once you've got them signed on as members, let them look after themselves.
acemace
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:25 pm 

melhinss wrote:
Hi davidherringer,

I've had the same problem! 8 emails and 1 phone call later - still no reply ! They sure seem to be taking the easy way out. Once you've got them signed on as members, let them look after themselves.

Exactly, just cancelled through paypals site, easy enough, but pretty shady to have no options for cancelling your account anywhere
around flyawaysimulation.
Flyboy92
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:20 pm 

Chill dude, not everyone knows that. Don't Chomp their head off if they are confused.

Flyboy92
totallyfrozen
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:33 pm 

acemace wrote:
melhinss wrote:
Hi davidherringer,

Exactly, just cancelled through paypals site, easy enough, but pretty shady to have no options for cancelling your account anywhere
around flyawaysimulation.
This is an example of why it's very important to READ the paperwork before you sign up for stuff. The fact that your account must be cancelled via your PayPal account was detailed in the information that you agreed to when you signed up.

Yes, sometimes people or businesses try to cheat us. Usually, they don't. It important to KNOW what's going on and who's responsible for what part of the deal BEFORE you get upset. It's OK to be confused--but gather your facts before you attack.
Bats: The original IFR pilots!
acepilot32
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:40 pm 

go into your pay pal and click history then find flyawaysimulation and cancel it and even though you still cancel it youll still have unlimited access to flyaway. btw you should have just skipped the payment Smile when creating your account.

all of those are flaws but it does help keep the spammers away becuz they think they have to pay Smile
totallyfrozen
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:03 am 

acepilot32 wrote:
...btw you should have just skipped the payment Smile when creating your account.
Have they changed the site? I didn't see a way to do that when I signed up. Still, the price is low so I don't really mind; especially if it helps make the site better. In then end, it makes my FSX experience more enjoyable. I supposed if $ was tight, I'd cancel but for now; it's not a burden to me.
Bats: The original IFR pilots!