Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Service Pack 2

Pro Member Trainee
hammerdag Trainee

when I tried to install fsx I got this error message that fsx requires the sp2. the thing is the computer is just for fs and has never been on the web and was wondering if anyone knows of a way to bypass this annoying occurance...thanks

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

It's unsafe to run windows no less than having SP2. it doesn't take that long to download SP2 if you have highspeed connection.

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

I've got SP1, do I need to install SP2 now? Does it really help if I'm not using third party downloads or fyling with others? It seems this was what was addressed in SP2 ???

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

7ECA-Captain wrote:

I've got SP1, do I need to install SP2 now? Does it really help if I'm not using third party downloads or fyling with others? It seems this was what was addressed in SP2 ???

I believe the 1st poster is talking to the fact that FSX requires XP SP2.

FSX-SP2 has some good things in it, read about it here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/10/02/acceleration-and-sp2.aspx

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

So... Would you recomend it?

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

7ECA-Captain wrote:

So... Would you recomend it?

As long as you are not wedded to FS9 content, yes.

Pro Member First Officer
honuala First Officer

if you cant download it then you could allways get the acceleration addon cause it has sp2 built in i belive?

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

honuala wrote:

if you cant download it then you could allways get the acceleration addon cause it has sp2 built in i belive?

correct, SP1 and SP2 are on the Acceleration DVD media.

Pro Member Trainee
shirke01 Trainee

Can i get the Latest CD with SP1 & SP2 install in deluxe version is out out yet?

Pro Member Trainee
klubkonr Trainee

I dont know about that. When I got fsx all i had was a 512 mb and a 256 mb card of random access memory (ram). It worked fine and downloaded fine, but it took almost 24 hours to install. I got a graphics card with a gb of ram built in and a 1 gb stick of extra ram for my computer and it runs adequately on medium/high settings. Just make sure that if you buy extra ram that your computer can handle all of the ram you put into it. Mine Could hold 2 gb of ram and i have 1,512 mb total plus a graphics card with an extra gig. Graphics cards wont overload your computers ram limit. The service addon pack works good also. Try that. Hope this helps! Wink