Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Controllers?

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

I am using the floowing Ch products;
Yoke, rudder pedals and THrottle Quadrant.

Each time I want to play the game the controllers are not responding on the screen nor in the calibration sequence despite my computer showing them as ok in the gaming controllers and FSX showing them in controls. I restart the computer and the controllers now magically appear and work fine?? Is there something I haven't got set right to allow the controls to automaticaly load each time I access the game? Or do I need to continue to restart the computer each time I want to fly??

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

IF you don't have Control Manager installed, go to chproducts.com and at their download section, download Control Manager and install - it loads at boot up and keeps calibration intact. Solved the problem for me last year.
cthiggin

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Thanks I have the CH control manager installed. It doesn't seem to do much in the way of actually helping with controller issues, but it is installed so likely that isn't the problem. It seems I need to restart the computer to get FSX to recognise and load the controllers into the game unless there's something wrong with the settings.
I've gone through tham all and other than needed to to be restarted to work, they all appear to be working fine.