Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

major voicepack issue

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

I downloaded voicepack a while ago for fs9 and found it great. It is nice to hear call signs rather than just flight numbers now. I played with it a little today and tried to create some new call signs. However, something happens and I can't seem to fix it.

When I click to save the changes I've made, voicepack freezes and I have to go into the task manager to shut it down. I also get a message saying that I do not have permission to save anything. I have Vista and I've been opening it up as the administrator, but that doesn't seem to help. I've uninstalled and re-installed both voicepack and microsoft framework 1.1. But I still have the same issues.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Don't know whether Vista could be the culprit.

However, recently I read that you should always use the most recent version of microsoft framework and 1.1. is not the one.

Now I know that some tools, utilities etc. will not recognize any version higher than 1.1. --- why that is so and whether there is a workaround I don't know.
If you try the most recent version of microsoft framework you might just get lucky.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

rowcoach wrote:

I have Vista and I've been opening it up as the administrator, but that doesn't seem to help. I've uninstalled and re-installed both voicepack and microsoft framework 1.1. But I still have the same issues.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Addendum to my previous post:

I just remembered having read prior to the release of Vista, that this new OS would have Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 integrated.

Previously in Windows XP that was not integrated.

I'm curious about your statement that you 'uninstalled and re-installed... ...microsoft framework 1.1'

It might be worth to have a closer look at this.