The Bling and the Booty

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The 'Bling Sisters', Serena and Venus Williams also known as 'Bling-Bling' have turned the world of linguistics upside down again.

"Take a look at this," panted Roger Rasheed, Australia's host broadcaster during a slow-motion replay involving Venus' backside.
Roger's indelicate observations meant that when Venus' sister Serena turned up for a post-match interview shortly afterwards, a few token tennis questions were tossed her way before someone got to the really important one. "Have you got any comment about the behavior of an Australian TV commentator who told a national viewing audience that he thought Venus' posterior looked pretty good?"

The initial reaction was one of shock, not so much over the question, as the use of the word "posterior".

Bum would have been a better choice on this occasion, as posterior was not a word with which Serena was familiar. When she asked for clarification, her questioner became a little more explicit. "Her butt." Serena then explained: "We say booty. I'm not quite sure about 'posterior'. I'll try to keep that in the back of my mind. 'What are you doing?' 'I'm shaking my posterior'. Venus definitely has a great posterior. I'm sure it looked nice."

Despite all the money spent on bling I don't have much hope that Serena will be spending a few bucks on some books soon, let alone read them.

But what if... what if she took up flightsimming as a hobby 🤔 it would be much easier for her to use '6 o'clock' instead of the awkward and hard to pronounce 'posterior' when referring to her sister's BOOTY 😀

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

I like big butts and I cannot lie.....

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

oh, cmon now, it's gotta be ok if the girl has a limited vocabulary. after all, she's not in the publishing biz, and besides, we have been putting up with "linguistically challenged" blondes for a long, long time.
(honestly, i never did like blondes)

heck, half of the kids on this board have a limited command of english, and most of us, including me, struggle with spelling. ok, so my secret is out, i like the williams' sisters, i think they're cool.

ps- belgeode, i know everybody laughs at sir mix alot, but i actually liked that cd. baby got back notwithstanding.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Cheezy I regret that the gist of my topic seems to elude you. Allow me to analyze your response not in order to criticize but to clarify what I meant.

I don't think that it's ok for the girl to have such a limited vocabulary, remember she's a role model for millions of girls around the world.

Your assault on the "linguistically challenged" blondes doesn't hold any water either, especially not in the tennis world. Maria Sharapova (I'm not one of her fans) speaks at least three languages fluently and found it prudent to continue her education while pursuing her tennis career. I'd like to mention that Maria is by no means the only female tennis pro from the former USSR or Eastern Block countries who are multilingual and continue their education via the internet.
I'm sure that when you say "linguistically challenged" blondes, you're thinking tinsel town.

"..half of the kids on this board have a limited command of english, and most of us, including me, struggle with spelling.."
If it makes you feel any better, I don't denigrate anyone who struggles with spelling. In your case Cheezy, I think I've deciphered your way of spelling words and I can live with it, honestly.
...but: that you should endorse the laziness of kids who can't find the time to use a spell checker is an outrage!!!! (BTW, command of English and using a spell checker is NOT the same)...so, I do hope that your application for the position of Headmaster of your local school will be rejected! Devil

"...ok, so my secret is out, i like the williams' sisters, i think they're cool."

FYI I used to like the Williams sisters. I jumped out of my skin when Serena won her first slam, I think it was the U.S. Open. That courageous, little girl had done it with sheer determination. Had I been court side I would have jumped the barrier and hugged her.
But you see, back then she was still Serena Williams, a natural, lovable, young professional fighter. I certainly didn't expect of that young, sparkling champion to deliver a linguistically perfect acceptance speech.

But you see, that Serena Williams just like her then sister Venus Williams don't exist any longer. Ever since they got rid of the beads in their hair they've started a transformation - they turned into arrogant, ignorant drama queens blinded by fame. And here is my point: Father Richard made a big mistake to put all his eggs into one basket and not force the girls to get at least a basic education.

I hope you can accept my elaboration for what it is. As you know me well, you'll know that there's some kind of provocation to come yet 😀

"...honestly, i never did like blondes..."

I wouldn't have expected such a cliché statement from you... which is not to say that we're necessarily on a different page. But think of the 'legally' blondes to use another cliché -- do you think they'd feel flattered by your declaration? (There's one blonde I really like... if I could only remember.. give me time to think about it 🤔 ) Now I'm just being stupid.

So, on a more serious note... tell me, if you were pulled up by a cop on the highway - which one would you prefer, this one:

...or this one:

You see, it's all relative.
...and hey, isn't the Bling Bling sister's mother Oracene a blonde as well:

...and lo and behold 😳 just have a look at Serena Bling:

😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...