Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

My very first flightsim video! KEWR-KORD

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Yesterday, I made a flight from KEWR-KORD and it took me all night for the videos to be uploaded into Youtube.

It's my very first flightsim video and also the first on VATSIM.

Very sorry for the background noise, but I can't seem to record my video without everyone talking and such. Since this was my first time doing this, I was nervous talking so you could barely hear my voice.

There's 3 parts to it: takeoff, cruise, and landing. I don't have Windows Movie Maker to put the videos together so I had to upload each one separately.

I'll include an optional part (Part 0) if everyone wants it. This is the taxing for takeoff part.

No ATC service online-UNICOM all the way. (I wish there were!)

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Enjoy!

Pro Member Captain
Bran09 Captain

wow very nice there should make a forum called fs2004 videos Very Happy

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Does anyone want me to upload Part 0 of the KEWR-KORD flight? It's the taxing from Terminal C to RW 22R at KEWR.

Pro Member Captain
Bran09 Captain

ye go ahead i would like to see more Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

awesome kevin I loved them.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Bran09 wrote:

ye go ahead i would like to see more Very Happy

Here's Part 0-the taxing portion!

I was going to make combine this with the takeoff portion but I didn't because I thought that this part wouldn't be good, so I edited it out, but now I decided to put it on Youtube. Enjoy!

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

nice flight and were you online?

btw

Bran09 wrote:

wow very nice there should make a forum called fs2004 videos Very Happy

i support it and you should be able to put embed codes into them so you dont have to follow links

Pro Member Captain
Duncan (Razgr1z912) Captain

Very Very Nice, could you nextime get a stand behind you're shoulder or get a screen recorder? None the less, very nice video. The landing was a bit "delayed" (If i'm using proper terminology) though.

Pro Member Captain
Steve (SpiderWings) Captain

I enjoyed those videos Kevin. Its fun to see how others do the sim. You have a lot of instruments on your aircraft that I don't have in mine. What was the chart you referred to?

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Whoa! One at a time people!

First, acepilot32, yeah I was online on VATSIM, but there wasn't any ATC online, at least not in my area. If there were, I would be talking on the thin microphone to ATC and get a feedback from them.

Next, Razgr1z912, another person suggested the same thing in another forum so I decided to get Camstudio, a freeware desktop recorder. I haven't tested on FS2004 and VATSIM yet, but when I was doing all of these test runs, at least on my computer, the framerates were so bad! It was bad when I was recording, but it was worse when I was viewing the playback. FPS drops to a crawl and the video and sound stutters. Then I watched it on Windows Media Player-it was okay but some aren't. For example, the video and sound stutters, or the sound is smooth but the video freezes-doesn't even move!

emerald_flag, the brown thingy I used was called "FDSFX". You could find that thing on AVSIM-freeware.

Finally, SpiderWings, the charts I showed were the Newark 7 Departure charts, and during landing at KORD, the ILS RW 22R chart.