Landing Bounces

crosscheck92 Guest

Hey,
I have a question about touchdown, with the 757. Everytime I come to land, I flare right past the threshold to 7-8 degrees, but once the plane touhcesdown, it bounces back up, then touches again and rolls to a stop. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this. BTW, this is exclusively with the 757

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Are you making sure that you are coming down slow enough? It'll hop up again if you are too fast. Also, make sure to set spoilers on auto-deploy (SHIFT+/). Pretty much, that's all i can think of, besides a bad .cfg file. I fly a 757-200 for a VA, and have over 150 hours in on it. If you have any other problems, don't hesitate to let me know. You can get ahold of me through MSN or Yahoo!

MSN: Big_Beia@hotmail.com

Yahoo: fire_emblem_master.

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Crosscheck,

See that you are not coming in at to steep an angle. Here is a flight Sim. cheet sheet that was posted before.

http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/hs30.htm

Last edited by George (OrlandoGeorge) on Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total
PH Guest

Been fortunate enough to have "time" in the 752. I was taught there is no real flare needed for the 75, just at about 20ft rad alt add "three bananas" slight back pressure while closing the throttles to "check" the nose down tendency which occurs in any aircraft when reducing power. 7-8 degrees would be too much and probably cause an increase in ROD, loss of lift, leading to a bounce. Jets....fly them into the runway!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...