help

Pro Member Trainee
sunsetvair Trainee

ok so i know i posted somewhat about this before but, i downloaded the no cd patch it opens in winrar i see the readme and the fs9.exe so how do i replace it in the root files?

Answers 45 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

sunsetvair wrote:

ok so i know i posted somewhat about this before but, i downloaded the no cd patch it opens in winrar i see the readme and the fs9.exe so how do i replace it in the root files?

First you gotta make sure that you've got the right crack as there are two different ones. One for fs9 and one for fs9.1...

A link would be helpful.

Pro Member Trainee
sunsetvair Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

First you gotta make sure that you've got the right crack as there are two different ones. One for fs9 and one for fs9.1...

A link would be helpful.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/317/no-cd-patch-for-flight-simulator-2004/ i have fs 2004 all installed, but need the crack

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ok, first of all: Did you or did you not apply the official Microsoft update which renders fs9 into what's called fs9.1?

If you didn't, this crack is the correct one. If you did, this is the wrong crack.

Pro Member Trainee
sunsetvair Trainee

not that i know of, i didnt go to microsofts site or anything so unless it auto downloaded with out me knowing it, i did not update it!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

No, this update doesn't auto download, seems you got the right crack.

You seem to have problems finding what in the Readme file is referred to as 'root folder'

You have to navigate to 'Microsoft Games'.

Next, click on the word Flight Simulator 9 this will open your fs9 'root folder'.

In this root folder find FS9.EXE and rename it to orig.FS9.EXE. (You've just backed up the original .exe file.)

Now you can copy and paste the crack (fs9.exe) into this root folder.

Done.

Pro Member Trainee
sunsetvair Trainee

ok i will go do that now give me 5 mins

Pro Member Trainee
sunsetvair Trainee

it worked thank you soooo much!!!!!!!!!, now i have to ask this are there any sites or anything that you know that can help a BADD pilot? like help me train ( ps i do not have a joystick im using dell laptop keyboard! )

Pro Member Trainee
sunsetvair Trainee

onelast thing when loading scenery files at 9% its seems to freeze

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

sunsetvair wrote:

it worked thank you soooo much!!!!!!!!!, now i have to ask this are there any sites or anything that you know that can help a BADD pilot? like help me train ( ps i do not have a joystick im using dell laptop keyboard! )

As soon as you can afford it buy a joystick with a twist handle otherwise you'll get gray hair before your time.
Since I have no idea where you're at, I'd suggest you refer to the 'Learning center' frequently. The rest is practice, practice, practice...

We've all done it the same way. You can always ask specific questions in the forum if you need help.

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

Alright, when I see the word "crack", I think pirate. Please say it isn't so. If it is, where's the link? Hell, I'm no Angel! Twisted Evil
Art

Pro Member Trainee
sunsetvair Trainee

effieveda wrote:

Alright, when I see the word "crack", I think pirate. Please say it isn't so. If it is, where's the link? Hell, I'm no Angel! Twisted Evil
Art

ok it isn't so so heres your link lol\

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/317/no-cd-patch-for-flight-simulator-2004/

Pro Member First Officer

Ah-ha, I caught you. You're all under arrest! Yawn
Art

Pro Member Trainee
sunsetvair Trainee

effieveda wrote:

Ah-ha, I caught you. You're all under arrest! Yawn
Art

sweet i always wanted to go to jail lol 😀 Twisted Evil 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

effieveda wrote:

Art

Hahaha Art, nonono... there are many types of cracks.

I can't remember now whether you've ever owned fs9. Unlike FSX where all you have to do is click on the FS icon to startup the sim, fs9 by default can ONLY be started up by inserting Disk1.
Once the sim (fs9) has started up, you can take the Disk out and continue simming for as long as you want. ...until you exit the sim.
Obviously Microsoft had piracy in mind when they came up with that stupid idea -- what where they thinking???

As we've all experienced (all except the Microsoft geniuses it seems), all too often it is the safest practice to exit and restart the sim after having installed certain add-ons. There where occasions when I had to restart the sim twenty times an hour... now you add that up over a time span of a month and your optical drive starts rebelling.

The crack in question here is simply a hacked fs9.exe file which allows you to start the sim WITHOUT having to insert Disk1 and thus prevents unnecessary strain on your DVD drive.

Pro Member First Officer

No, I never did own FS9 and had no idea what a hair brained scheme it took to get the sim started. What a drag. Therefore I shall immediately arrest myself for stupidity. Maybe you guys will visit me sometime. Oh, and be sure to bring disk one with you. That really cracks me up. Embarassed
Later ... Art

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Why don't you get fs9 and join us down here in a thriving community Art?

If you do, I'll let you have the crack for a special price... just PM me with your credit card details

Pro Member Trainee
sunsetvair Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

If you do, I'll let you have the crack for a special price... just PM me with your credit card details

charge him double and split it with me heheh lol

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Come on Art, you've got a good sense of humour besides, you wouldn't be the first one to defect... we're 'The Resistance' so to speak 😀

Pro Member First Officer

Hi Tailhook,
It's funny that you should mention that I "defect" to FS9 because I've been thinking about doing just that. Only problem is, I've got quite a few bucks (for me) invested in FSX add-ons which probably won't work. My last acquisition was FSX Deluxe so that I could get the SDK. Well that turned out to be a joke because as far as I can tell, I'll need to get a PHD in computer science in order to use it. I find it interesting that there seems to be thousands of new downloads for FS9, but very few for FSX. I don't know if you've been following my posts here, but a while ago I embarked on a project to restore an old airstrip on Maui. Well, it's just about complete (not good enough to publish), and it works for me. I even established the now defunked air-line that flew there. It's really a hoot to watch all those AI planes arrive and depart as planned. I'm afraid that if I made the swich to FS9, all that work will go out the window. So, I guess I'm stuck with FSX for now. Even so, please consider me to be a member, in good standing, of "The Resistance". Crying or Very sad
Best regards ... Art

Pro Member Trainee
sunsetvair Trainee

effieveda wrote:

. Even so, please consider me to be a member, in good standing, of "The Resistance". Crying or Very sad
Best regards ... Art

Well if im in it you can be in it i guess... ❓ But, it sounds like you know how to program in FSX and make things so i would say stay with FSX, it is prob sooo much better then FS9 😉

Pro Member First Officer

Hi sunsetvair,
I dont really know how to program in FSX, I just flail away for hours trying to get the result I am looking for. No high level programming is required, just tenacity. You could do it too, if you so desired. It just gets frustrating running into so many brick walls. I'm sure FS9 would be no different in that respect. Mad
Best regards ... Art

Pro Member Trainee
sunsetvair Trainee

That is what i would love to do, if you get free time or whatever if you can just send me links to some programs if there are any, or just give me a tip or hints or anything!!

Pro Member First Officer

Hi sunsetvair,
I started with TTOOLS to get a couple of planes, C172s will do, flying back and forth between two simple grass airstrips located fairly close to each other. Park your own plane at one of them so they won't dissapear. The next step was to download RWY12 for scenery object placement. I started with a shipping container and a coke machine placed next to a grass airstrip. Exciting stuff huh. Both programs are freeware and I'm sorry I don't have the URLs, just do a net search. They're all over the place, including tutorials. That should get you started. There is still much to do, so I suggest that if you want to continue this that you PM or email me 'cause we're really way off topic here. 😀
Good luck ... Art

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

effieveda wrote:

Even so, please consider me to be a member, in good standing, of "The Resistance". Crying or Very sad
Best regards ... Art

Absolutely. Of course I've been reading your posts, am aware of your upgrade to DeLuxe and trials and tribulations. Yourself and others who keep tinkering are what IMO keeps the flightsim community alive and inspired.

So since you're now officially a member of "The Resistance" you must pop in occasionally... time permitting of course.

🍻

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks for that Tailhook. You are a real inspiration to me and a lot of other folks on these forums. If I have time? That's a joke! I have nothing but time, although at age sixty-nine it's beginning to run out so I've gotta work faster. There's mention of a bucket in one of these forums. I consider myself really lucky because mine is still full. By the way, you may think that my avatar is a cartoon, but it's a real photo of me two years ago. I've lost a few pounds since then though. 😀
Best regards ... Art

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Aahahahaha... you are very funny Art, thank you. You manage to pack more humor into a few sentences than I could pack into a tome. Sixty-nine huh? Looking at your real picture there I must say the years have been kind to you and I wouldn’t worry about time running out – it’s all relative, besides according to my calculations you’ve got at least another 50 years to go.

"There's mention of a bucket in one of these forums. I consider myself really lucky because mine is still full."

That is a very profound statement Art, it really is. You see, I thought I was lucky because mine is empty... 🤔

Better give me a couple of decades to think about this 😀

Come and play with us in the 'Off Topic' forum sometime, I reckon you could help us out with some Music and Movies... I'll just put the link here for your convenience for no extra charge:
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/23/off-topic/

Seriously, I don't think many of you FSXers from up there ^^^^ have ever dropped that far down... or should that be 'low'?
😂 😂

Last edited by Tailhook on Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

Seriously, I don't think many of you FSXers from up there ^^^^ have ever dropped that far down... or should that be 'low'?

Hey!!!! don't forget.... you'll be one, soon enough....soon enough.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That is one wicked way of putting it warlord... makes me feel like having run out of water in the desert and seeing the vultures above me circling Fear

😀

Pro Member First Officer

All the more reason! Twisted Evil

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

...you just wait till I have my new rig, we'll do some on-line flying and you'd better watch your 6 ...for your sake, maybe you should eject as soon as it is safe to do so haaaaaaa.... Devil

Pro Member First Officer

Alright, your on!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

::slapping my gloves in his face::

Your choice of weapon, Sir!

Pro Member First Officer

Which reminds me, went on multiplayer last night, and accidently started a formation of 12 DC3's, one of the guy's is going to post it up on youtube,so I'll send it in when I find out what he's calling it! 😀

Pro Member First Officer

(as I take one of the gloves from him)I have my weapon now!!!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Don't forget to post that link, looking forward to watch the vid.

Now how could you "accidentally" end up in a gaggle of DC-3s?????
Seems I shall be making short work of you Sir. What shall the weapon be then?

Secret REMEMBER!! : No cloak and dagger... or is it dagger under the cloak Wall Bashing

Pro Member First Officer

Kinda strange really... first started with a heli(the pavelow 3)but then i asked this chick 'Allice' what she saw when she looked at me?
She said.....A jet ranger
I said.....A jet ranger?.....now that sucks!
So we both changed over to extra300s's cause then at least we knew what aircraft we actually were.
So playfuly dogfighting for a while(I cant believe I just used those two words in one sentence), decided I'd had enough of the extra and went for the good ole DC3.
She picked up one too, So I asked her if she wanted to fly formation, she said....'yip'
As we were lining up on the runway, this other fella 'Newby',wants to join in(who is also the guy taking the vid).
So anyway, my damn fsx play's up and kicks me out after the first two minutes.I log back in... and the session was gone?

And there out of the blue... was a new session 'DC3 Formation' hosted by nonother than Newby.
Cool! jumped in, after a couple of minutes of waiting we had a whole fleet and ended up doing this whole big tour!
Best fun I've had in ages!
Anyway sorry to bore you with my lifes story....where were we....oh yes the gloves....ON GUARD!!!!
(lanches into a box of gloves, and starts pelting them at tailhook)ha ha!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

No no, I find this interesting but lemme tell you, beware of those who go by the name of 'Newby' 😳 ..sure (s)he's a good guy/girl/...or whatever else there is, though.
Yeah, "..playfully dogfighting in an EXTRA with a 'supposedly' female.."
That'll be the day. They lure you into an Extra to see how many G's you can pull and then, in a different scenario with different a/c they go straight for the kill. (Do I I have to tell you everything...).
I'm glad you had a good time and even more glad that you're still alive. Just watch your back in the future...

Devil I'm right behind you

Pro Member First Officer

Oh was that 'you'... I thought it was a turtle! 😀
Talk of infamous...
This is the last thing I saw on tailhooks face!

Last edited by Luke (warlord40) on Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer

Actually speaking of....wonder what a dogfight with WriteFlighers aircraft would be like! 🤔
umphf....I'd still whoop ya arse!!! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You have noooooo idea what's coming at you! Turtle...?
You'll be begging me to let you swallow a life one -- you know, the type they have in the Galapagos Islands hehehehe...

Pro Member First Officer

I eat turtle for breakfast! 😂
But I suppose that you will never know....
UNTIL SOMEONE HAS A NEW RIG!!!!!!!!!!!
(I'm just working you up...Is it working?)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Have it your way then... Eating turtles for breakfast, who you're tryin' to kid?
BTW, FYI (I happen to know that you don't understand this stupid language... 🤔 ...neither do I, come to think of it) -- anyways, the person depicted in your post is my GRANDMOTHER... not me.

I'm the 'Goose' Devil Be afraid, be very afraid...

Pro Member First Officer

I also have goose for breakfast!!!!ha ha ha....( every second tuesday )(mixed with bacon olives and herbs - its just delightful)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ouch... just realized that 'Goose' got killed in 'Top Gun'

Pro Member First Officer

Well is this what it comes down to then.... is it?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...