19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Already have it
61%
 61%  [ 13 ]

Total Votes : 21

Pro Member Trainee
sunsetvair Trainee

Did anyone else notice that FSX is down to $30.00 at walmart and i think FSX Deluxe is down to $40.00

Will that make any of you go and buy the Deluxe( if you dont have it) And if you do have it, why would you recommend it to anyone else what does it have that the regular does not???

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I won't buy either version of FSX because my computer won't run the program. If you're going to get FSX, get the deluxe version, it has more aircraft, detailed airports and features.

Arrow http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/product_info.html

Pro Member Trainee
sunsetvair Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

I won't buy either version of FSX because my computer won't run the program. If you're going to get FSX, get the deluxe version, it has more aircraft, detailed airports and features.

Arrow http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/product_info.html

I want the deluxe but i need a way to find out my graph card, i want a good one but im not going to pay almost 200$

Pro Member Captain
lenin Captain

I bought deluxe because there wasn't a dramatic increase in price with that and the standard one, also I thought it best to get the deluxe version because you get more. Bit strange that microsoft have split it up, they should have just made one with everything in it.

Cool

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

Lol. Someone finally creates a poll here and it's the same question that's been on this sites front page for 2 years.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

sunsetvair wrote:

I want the deluxe but i need a way to find out my graph card, i want a good one but im not going to pay almost 200$

FSX is very demanding of computer hardware. You should get the best that you can afford. It depends on your processor also. Here is a site where you can check different video cards.
Arrow http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html

Pro Member Trainee
sunsetvair Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

sunsetvair wrote:

FSX is very demanding of computer hardware. You should get the best that you can afford. It depends on your processor also. Here is a site where you can check different video cards.
Arrow http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html

Okay, iim at that site but how in the world do i find out what kind i have lol Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The site is only to compare cards. On your computer, right click on My Computer, Properties, device manager, display adapter to determine your video card. You may have an integrated video card and/or may have trouble adding a new card. What is the name and model of your computer and as much info about what you have installed?

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

I had the standard version, then I got Deluxe mainly for the SDK. Now if I could only understand it all. It's pretty cryptic. Read Dont Know
Art

Pro Member First Officer
Lee198 First Officer

Lol! I'm exactly the same!! Haven't a clue!! Laughing
Back to topic, though, I have FSX Deluxe and Acceleration. I'm lucky enough to have a pretty good system and, subsequently, the whole thing runs brilliantly.
I loved FS9, but this is something else!
Very, very memory hungry, though.

Pro Member First Officer

Hi Lee198,
If you really want to get confused, check out the FSDeveloper Community website. Confused
Art

Pro Member First Officer
Lee198 First Officer

I might just do that & really give myself concussion!! Laughing

Pro Member First Officer

If you're able to decypher anything those folks are talking about, please let me know. Have a look at my post re. Gmax and FSX SDK in this forum. It would seem that my question is fairly simple, but the answer is not. Sad
Later ... Art

Pro Member First Officer
Lee198 First Officer

I am able to decipher what these folks are talking about, but I'm not an expert and to be honest, I'm not interested. I run FSX because I like it. I'm interested in flying. I was making fun of myself because I'm not great with computers. I didn't mean to cause any offence and I was sticking to topic. I thought by your reply you were having a friendly laugh with me and, quite honestly, I'm very disappoined that you responded so negatively. My apologies to you, and I hope you are able to accept them and apologise for the misunderstanding too. I'm not a mind reader; I don't know what you're thinking.

Lee

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

I bought the standard version; it has all the airplanes I need and most of the ones I fly are addons anyway...

Pro Member First Officer

Hi Lee198,
I'm sorry. My response was not meant to be negative. You don't have to apologise for anything. The failure is my not being smart enough to comprehend what those guys are talking about. I run FSX because I like it too. Now I'm trying to learn more and be a little creative. It just gets a little frustrating when I run into brick walls and I can't find the answers to my questions. I thank you for taking the time to respond. I always try to inject a little humor into my posts, but I guess this time I failed. Sad At least I learned how to spell decipher properly. Smile
Best regards ... Art

Pro Member First Officer
Lee198 First Officer

No problem. Thanks, too, for responding. Very Happy

Take care,

Lee

Pro Member First Officer
Lee198 First Officer

And don't put yourself down like that! You're probably a lot cleverer than me! But, again, thanks for the response.