Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

ATC - Bad Sequencing On Final - No Go-Around Issued By Tower

Pro Member Trainee
Bill Thornton (Thunder-01) Trainee

ATC Strikes Again

Situation: Ten-mile final Rwy 27 @ MEM, night, good visibility, B-737.

I was sequenced #2 behind a Dash-6. However a Baron-58 was ahead of me, off my right wing (must have been on a different twr freq - caused I never heard him talk to Twr or vice-versa) and also heading for 27.

While I was thinking, "this ain't gonna work!" I hear an Airbus pull in behind me and chk in with the tower.

I seem to remember that with the accel package, one of the suspect aircraft would be issued a "go around." This didn't happen.

I was a slow as I could go without stalling and on about a 4 mile final, cleared to land, but closing on the Dash-6. But before I rear-ended him, I decided to break out of traffic to the left, circle around and come in behind the Airbus.

What happened to the auto "go-around" from the tower in Acceleration?

Thunder

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

Thunder-01 wrote:

ATC Strikes Again

Situation: Ten-mile final Rwy 27 @ MEM, night, good visibility, B-737.

I was sequenced #2 behind a Dash-6. However a Baron-58 was ahead of me, off my right wing (must have been on a different twr freq - caused I never heard him talk to Twr or vice-versa) and also heading for 27.

While I was thinking, "this ain't gonna work!" I hear an Airbus pull in behind me and chk in with the tower.

I seem to remember that with the accel package, one of the suspect aircraft would be issued a "go around." This didn't happen.

I was a slow as I could go without stalling and on about a 4 mile final, cleared to land, but closing on the Dash-6. But before I rear-ended him, I decided to break out of traffic to the left, circle around and come in behind the Airbus.

What happened to the auto "go-around" from the tower in Acceleration?

Thunder

The ATC in FSX is VERY rudimentary. I've only seen it issue go arounds if there is a plane on the runway. If you are in a small plane and expect ATC to maintain separation you are out of luck, you get run over.

Pro Member Captain
cheezyflier Captain

in a small plane, i don't remember what it was at the time, i was issued a go-round several times in a row. each time i would come around and line up, some larger plane would come up behind me and i would get bumped. finally i gnored atc and landed anyway and was told i was not cleared to land. i was disapointed there was not key assigned to a reply of "kiss my big fat ...ummm butt!!!"

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Similar things have happened to me may times.... the worst possible event happened to me a few days back when I was tryin to land ILS rwy 27 VABB. As I was just 400 feet AGL and 2 miles out the ATC gave clearance to an aircrft for take off I had no option but to land ahead of the aircraft!!! Just after I touched down it says switch to the ground frequency!!!!

Strange!