SearchSearch 

I'm loozin' it

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

Does anyone know of a sure fire way to determine if FSX SP1 is installed? There are some strange things going on that make me think that I may not have reinstalled it when I changed over to FSX Deluxe. I'm pretty sure that I did, but I can find no evidence of it. Should it show up as a distinct file, or possibly an installer for it somewhere on my computer? I think I'm getting too old for this stuff. Wall Bashing
Thanks in advance ... Art

8 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you downloaded and installed it look in control panel/add-remove programs/put a check in "show updates" and it should show up.
If however it is part of acceleration then I don't see it or SP2.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

effieveda wrote:

Does anyone know of a sure fire way to determine if FSX SP1 is installed? There are some strange things going on that make me think that I may not have reinstalled it when I changed over to FSX Deluxe. I'm pretty sure that I did, but I can find no evidence of it. Should it show up as a distinct file, or possibly an installer for it somewhere on my computer? I think I'm getting too old for this stuff. Wall Bashing
Thanks in advance ... Art

about box will have a version number, on my blog not too long ago I listed all the version numbers for RTM, SP1, Accel, SP2.

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks RM,
I did as you suggested and found no SP1 listed.
Thanks PhilTaylor,
I checked "about" and the version is 10.0.6095.00. I guess if I had SP1 installed it would be 10.0.61355.00.
So, another "senior moment" got me. I thought I was being so meticulous when I did the ghange over. Now that I feel reasonably sure that SP1 is missing, I can't find the post about unloading add-ons before installing it. Any directions as to where I might find it? Embarassed
Best regards ... Art

Pro Member First Officer

OK, I've searched all over the place to find out which files (add-ons) need to be removed before FSX SP1 may be installed but have failed to find anything definitive. I really don't want to do a complete reinstall if I can help it. HELP, someone, PLEEEZ! Help!
Regards ... Art

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Scenery (add0on) is what cause the majority of the problems.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Thank you RM,
Once again you have come to my rescue. I have already removed every add-on that I could find. I shall now install SP1. Wish me luck. Fear
Best regards ... Art

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Everything went just fine. Now the correct number shows up under "About" on the menu bar and so does "Tools". It was the "Tools" that would not appear without SP1. 🍻 Now that I have them available, I can spend the next few months trying to figure out how to use them.
Phil Taylor, if you're seeing this, how about a nice PDF file with detailed instructions for the various SDK tools. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would appreciate such a thing. Maybe you folks at ACES don't have to dig and dig and dig for information, but some of us dummies out here have trouble with HTML documents buried in folders that are spread out all over. Read Give us a break, please! Wall Bashing
Best regards ... Art