North American P-51D Engine Failures

Pro Member Trainee
Mike Gibson (Tuvazeock) Trainee

I have the Acceleration package installed, So I'm using Microsoft's release of the Mustang. I do not have failures set at all, not even random. I'm using full realism.

For some reason, when I fly the Racer 1 edition of this plane, I have an engine failure, I see a lot of white smoke, nothing black. Sounds like the engine is misfiring (popping) and I lose almost all power.

I've tried adjusting the mix to about 50%. I'm taking off from KIGM so it's over 3,000 feet to begin with. I keep the throttle low after take off.

Not sure what other info I need to include.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You might get better response if you post this in the FSX section of the forums Idea

Thunder Dan Guest

You need to have the ADI (anti-detonation injector) on during take-off. Then you have to remember to turn it off when you achieve steady flight. There is a tank gauge to show the remaining amount, and a red light will come on when it's empty. You also need to pay close attention to the engine and flight settings to keep all gauges in the green during flight. You'll end up flying with the throttle and rpm controls below half. This must have been a challenging plane to fly in real life!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...