Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

North American P-51D Racer 1

Pro Member Trainee
Mike Gibson (Tuvazeock) Trainee

I have the Acceleration package installed, So I'm using Microsoft's release of the Mustang. I do not have failures set at all, not even random. I'm using full realism.

For some reason, when I fly the Racer 1 edition of this plane, I have an engine failure, I see a lot of white smoke, nothing black. Sounds like the engine is misfiring (popping) and I lose almost all power.

I've tried adjusting the mix to about 50%. I'm taking off from KIGM so it's over 3,000 feet to begin with. I keep the throttle low after take off.

Not sure what other info I need to include.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Pro Member Captain
Luke (warlord40) Captain

After turning down the realism settings, do you still have the same problem?

Pro Member Trainee
Mike Gibson (Tuvazeock) Trainee

warlord40 wrote:

After turning down the realism settings, do you still have the same problem?

I gave that a try and the plane works fine. No engine failure. So what could be causing the failure with the realism on? I must be doing something wrong.

Pro Member Captain
Luke (warlord40) Captain

It's not you, One of the first things I noticed when I bought fsx is when you do have the settings up all the way something almost always breaks down after a couple of minutes, I fixed this by having the settings around 1/4 to a 1/2, and seems more realistic.
Infact instead of calling it 'realism' they should have called it 'time till everything blows up in your face' Hack

By the way welcome to the forums Very Happy