Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Gotta problem some of you pilots might know

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

I have just recently joined bostain virtual atc which is great. There is actually an age limit so I am glad I do not have to fly with hearing a 10 year old atc tell me what to do. Anyway my problem is this, they tell me to enter in the flight plan in the chatbox before we go flying. The only problem I had was they tell me to enter in my arrival - dep. airport via method of transportation. Now I know what arr. and dep airports is but not sure what the method of transportation is talking about. They gave me examples of it which I will share with you guys in a sec but I also had a question on the time. They gave me an example on a time they told me to enter as the depature time and I havent seen this time posted before. Anyone help me out here on how to tell what time this means? Here is the example:

What they tell us to put down:
-FP Callsign | Type Aircraft | IFR or VFR | Departure Airport - Arrival Airport Via Route of Flight (method of navigation) | Requested Cruise Altitude | requested departure time

An example of the above information:
-FP DAL321 | B738 | IFR | KBOS - KJFK Via LOGAN4 LUCOS SEY067 SEY PARCH CCC ROBER | FL240 | ETD 1135Z

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The Z is for Zulu time, also known a UTC, GMT.
Arrow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time