SearchSearch 

im new and confussed

Pro Member Trainee
dontwannanik Trainee

most of the download's suck and dont even work and well some do and most dont so i need some help in actully getting the hang of the site and how to download things and properly install plans and airline skins such as virgin atlantic

14 Responses

Pro Member Trainee
dontwannanik Trainee

i really dont know what i paid for and why because i dont know nothing about it sombody help me there are no help topics on what to do and i only signed up 5 mins ago

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

emerald_flag you sure have a way of putting my thoughts into words

... but at the same time I've always respected and admired RadarMan's almost ecclesiastic ability to be patient and helpful with rude and unruly posters.

Pro Member Trainee
paulchris2 Trainee

I agree with emerald. We were all new once and everyone thinks that just because they pay $5 a month all of their flight dreams will come true. When I first joined I didn't underrstand where to temporarily download files and then configure them properly either. And, I didn't realise there are different ways to go about it, but, you experiment. Some readme files are good and some are not. It takes practise! But I have to admit that I have always gotten great support from everyone no matter how foolish my questions were/are. And yes thank you Radarman, you have helped me through the learning curve more than you can know. I am a brand new pilot in training and your advice has always been top notch. As for dontwannanik, if you understood what goes into an addon you wouldn't be so quick to say something sucks. It is not a matter of unzipping and loading into one file. Sometimes you have to unzip to a temporary file, then put certain files into scenery, panels, etc. If you do it right it will work. I am proof, because when I first tried nothing work. Don't dis the support, it is there for you.
Paul

Pro Member Trainee
dontwannanik Trainee

if the support is so good then why have they not even bothered to reply to my questions and i sent 2 or 3 mails to them however the support from players is good and i have now learnt how to install files properly and heythey are all fine and working for me but yh you do get some addons that suck like the contols are limited and the gages dont even light up and many others but there are some that work very well indeed

Pro Member Trainee
shylock (scottyboy39) Trainee

Yea I have always got great support from radarman and tailhook and always have gotten help when needed.I cant imagine anybody having a problem with this site.Myadvice is sometimes just do a search through older posts as ur problems have been covered alot of times.

Pro Member First Officer
honuala First Officer

um maybe they dont reply to your emails because thats what the forums are for? oh i dont know.... 🙄 ..come on man

Pro Member Trainee

dontwannanik wrote:

if the support is so good then why have they not even bothered to reply to my questions and i sent 2 or 3 mails to them however the support from players is good and i have now learnt how to install files properly and heythey are all fine and working for me but yh you do get some addons that suck like the contols are limited and the gages dont even light up and many others but there are some that work very well indeed

First off the best thing to do is search the forum that coincides with what ur looking for.If that doesnt work then post a topic in here and 100% of the time radarman or tailhook or the other mods will post what you need.

As for downloads they are hit or mis.You install them try them out if they are no god then just delete them they are free.What you paid for is to be apart of the best sim community on the web.Try and go somewhere else and ask how to do this and that and see the response you will get from them.Not so nice is what your going to get.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The site administrator will never respond to your emails. Some of the downloads here are good and some are junk, you can get better downloads without paying $5 a month at www.avsim.com. The main value of this site is the forum, we communicate about everything from flight simulator to current events.

Welcome 🍻 dontwannanik.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

dontwannanik wrote:

The email (to me and members) link doesn't work and as CRJCapt said the admin can't reply to them.
If you don't want to post it on the forum use the PM.
It's preferable to use the forum so everyone can answer or can learn from the answers.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

The site administrator will never respond to your emails. Some of the downloads here are good and some are junk, you can get better downloads without paying $5 a month at www.avsim.com. The main value of this site is the forum, we communicate about everything from flight simulator to current events.

Welcome 🍻 dontwannanik.

Who pays $5 a month?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

scottyboy39 wrote:

Who pays $5 a month?

I think I read new members do, don't know the date it began.

[Only $5 for monthly membership!

MEMBERSHIP WITH A SURCLARO PAID ACCOUNT IS CURRENTLY $18 PER MONTH. MEMBERSHIP HERE AT FLY AWAY IS $5!

It takes lots of hard work and money to keep one of the web's largest Flight Simulation sites running, therefore we are asking our members to pay a small monthly fee of $5 In order to keep Fly Away running. The payment entitles you to a full account and a user account here at Fly Away. The user account gives you full access to Downloads section, which is regularly updated with quality flight simulation downloads. The fee is a lot cheaper that other flightsim sites such as Surclaro, that offer one month member ship for $18, while we offer a monthly membership for only $5.]

Pro Member Trainee

Hmmmm news to me.I think I remember paying a one time fee if im not mistaking that.

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

The user account gives you full access to Downloads section, which is regularly updated with quality flight simulation downloads

Haha thats a good 1!!!