FSX crashes on final

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

I have FSX Deluxe on a Dell Inspiron 1721 lap top duel core AMD.
I have installed SP1 and SP2. I installed this to my lap top as a experiment because it has Windows Vista Home Premium. The install was fine, FSX boots ok, I installed the Sidewinder 2 and that functions just fine. When I am o a mission from KORD to KIAD short hop maybe 136 air miles when I am on the final FSX crashes. It doesn't crash my lap top only the FSX crashes. I tried one of the nissions imbedded in FSX Amsterdam to Heathrow with no problems. I haven't tweaked many of the settings just a few. My lap top sustaines from 12. 17 fps I did not change the fps I let them stay at default.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ed

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Overheating, scenery bug??

If it always happens on that same route its a scenery bug.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

RadarMan,

It must be a scenery bug then. As I explained earlier I loaded a imbedded mission and everything went just great. In fact I paused because I got a phone call and didn't return for probably 15 minutes or so. The cooling fan doesn't run consistanly only when cooling is needed. I am not thinking that it is overheating although this thought did cross my mind the first time FSX crashed. It is indeed the same route and at the same point in the final approach for the FSX crash scenario. So is there a way to get the scenery bug gone, or should I just forget using FSX on the lap top all together?

Maybe one of the SP is corrupt or won't work with my configuration? If so which one could it be? I didn't notice anything on MS KB to indicate problems in a portable environment, or in the Vista environment. I am thinking the SP-2, to be the culprit?

Thanks o far RadarMan. I will continue to look also for a KB that maybe I missed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's possible as you say that SP2 is to blame but for one route your best off leaving the Sim alone rather than screw up other areas fixing one.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

OK I will fly another route to see if that does anything different. I hadn't found anything specific yet. But I will keep searching and try another route like I said.

Thanks much

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

this same thing always happens to me. After a flight an hour or more my game crashes when i am on final, Everytime but i don't know what to tell you.[/b]

Pro Member First Officer

Atleast you can go an hour or more before it crashes. I am talking aligning and cleared for runway, 1 right out about 8 miles. I think RadarMan has the correct advice he usually does. I haven't had the time to try one at a different location yet. Maybe with every re-boot of FSX it will improve. The first time I booted to FSX all I got was the glass reflection in the cockpit windows, now atleast I do have scenery going by.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...