UKMIL Bae HAWK RED ARROWS

Pro Member Trainee
BruceHolloway Trainee

Has a great self-installing program but I can't find the download anywhere. Where it asks for main FSX Directory I type Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Is the wrong input? Program says the Hawk is installed.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

c:\Program Files\Microsoft games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sim Objects folder.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

BruceHolloway wrote:

Has a great self-installing program but I can't find the download anywhere. Where it asks for main FSX Directory I type Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Is the wrong input? Program says the Hawk is installed.

I can't be certain about this particular one as I don't have it. However, UKMIL aircraft (regardless of the aircraft manufacturer in real life) are often found under UKMIL in the menu.

If you want to know for sure, run the installer again, but this time when you're asked to specify the directory, navigate to your desk-top instead and create a New Folder. Have the installer target the New Folder and continue with the installation.
Once done, you'll find the complete aircraft in this New Folder that you've just created.
Go into the Aircraft Folder (it's likely that there is also an Effects Folder and 'possibly' others but it's the Aircraft Folder that we're after) keep opening it until you find the aircraft.cfg file. Open this file with 'Notepad'.

A few lines from the top you'll find something similar to this:

ui_manufacturer=UKMIL/MDI

In the above example, ....=UKMIL --I would be looking for 'UKMIL' in my menu when I want to load the aircraft.

If instead it says, ...=Bae HAWK --you would look for 'Bae HAWK' in your menu when you want to load the aircraft.

If now you can find the aircraft, you can delete the 'New Folder' you just created with all of its contents. If not, just install the aircraft manually, it's always the safest option anyway.

Pro Member Trainee
BruceHolloway Trainee

n7xlq1 wrote:

c:\Program Files\Microsoft games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sim Objects folder.

Many thanks. It worked but instruments and effects not working.

Pro Member Trainee
BruceHolloway Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

BruceHolloway wrote:

I can't be certain about this particular one as I don't have it. However, UKMIL aircraft (regardless of the aircraft manufacturer in real life) are often found under UKMIL in the menu.

If you want to know for sure, run the installer again, but this time when you're asked to specify the directory, navigate to your desk-top instead and create a New Folder. Have the installer target the New Folder and continue with the installation.
Once done, you'll find the complete aircraft in this New Folder that you've just created.
Go into the Aircraft Folder (it's likely that there is also an Effects Folder and 'possibly' others but it's the Aircraft Folder that we're after) keep opening it until you find the aircraft.cfg file. Open this file with 'Notepad'.

A few lines from the top you'll find something similar to this:

ui_manufacturer=UKMIL/MDI

In the above example, ....=UKMIL --I would be looking for 'UKMIL' in my menu when I want to load the aircraft.

If instead it says, ...=Bae HAWK --you would look for 'Bae HAWK' in your menu when you want to load the aircraft.

If now you can find the aircraft, you can delete the 'New Folder' you just created with all of its contents. If not, just install the aircraft manually, it's always the safest option anyway.

Many thanks. Red Arrow up and running but instuments and effects aren't. Have tried dragging folders but haven't got it yet.

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

BruceHolloway wrote:

n7xlq1 wrote:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

BruceHolloway wrote:

n7xlq1 wrote:

If you can, post the contents README.TXT file in a reply and lets take a look.

Pro Member Trainee
BruceHolloway Trainee

n7xlq1 wrote:

BruceHolloway wrote:

n7xlq1 wrote:

Thnx so much. I'm not sure how to do that but the read me file just says "welcome, it's a full Gmax model, read the included pdf file (which I can't open) for full instructions and copywright info." I appreciate your trying to help. Best regards, Bruce Holloway

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

BruceHolloway wrote:

n7xlq1 wrote:

BruceHolloway wrote:

n7xlq1 wrote:

Thnx so much. I'm not sure how to do that but the read me file just says "welcome, it's a full Gmax model, read the included pdf file (which I can't open) for full instructions and copywright info." I appreciate your trying to help. Best regards, Bruce Holloway

If you have Adobe Acrobat installed it should open the .PDF file. When you open the readme.txt file in notepad (or whatever it opens in) go to EDIT then Select all, then click on Copy. Then create a reply here and then do push the CTRL key and V key together. That'll place the contents of the readme.txt file in the message then post the reply as normal.

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

the effects and gauges folders are still in the root directory. cut and paste them from the simobjects\aircraft folder

Pro Member Trainee
BruceHolloway Trainee

Figured it out at last. A million thanks you guys.

I've always said, "It's a pretty stupid SOB that can't teach me something".

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

BruceHolloway wrote:

Figured it out at last. A million thanks you guys.

I've always said, "It's a pretty stupid SOB that can't teach me something".

Mind telling us how, where did you get the aircraft?

Pro Member Trainee
BruceHolloway Trainee

Sure! It's right here under Military Aircraft about 14 planes down the list. The mistake I was making was trying to drag the instrument and effects folders into the airplane folder instead of individual files. Only the airplane goes there (Sim Objects now). I'm brand new at this but click and drag the the instrument and effects folders off the downloaded airplane package and onto one side of your desk top. Open the main FSX package of folders and down size the screen. Double click on the instrument folder and downsize that screen so that the screens are side-by-side. Double click both instrument folders then simply drag each individual file into the instrument files then do the same thing with the effects folder. It works!!! e-mail me if I confused you. It would be good to return some of the help I was given. callbruce@shaw.ca. I sure hope I didn't give you any bad advise here.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...