SearchSearch 

Weird 8800 GTX problem in FSX?

Pro Member Trainee
Jager673 Trainee

Well I just gt a 8800 GTX and installed all latest drivers and what not, i played all other games like crysis, COD4, but when i play FSX i put all the settings up to very high and when i go into game it looks like atari (lol) graphics...... like i said i played all those other games high settings without a hitch.

If you can help that would be great. Thanks.

11 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Welcome to flyaway Jager673 🍻, What is your computer specs.? Your video card is a good one but FSX, which is more demanding than the other programs you listed, can bring any computer to its knees if you turn up the settings high enough.

Pro Member Trainee
Jager673 Trainee

i also have a Q6600 (Over clocked) and my ram is G.Skill DDR2-1000 2x2GB 5-5-5-15 (also over clocked). People now use Crysis to benchmark and i can play that with setings set to High. Ultra High isn't available in XP only DX 10 in Vista. I set all the settings at the menu b4 i puch Fly Now and when i get into game NONE of it stays it looks like crapppppppppppp....

Pro Member Trainee
Jager673 Trainee

specs are in my sig now.

Pro Member Trainee
Jager673 Trainee

can someone help me please??

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I've looked around the Internet without any luck. Sounds like a driver issue to me.
1. Try a fresh install of FSX.
2. You could try another driver that is just before the latest driver.
3. Check all video setting, set to default.

Dont Know

Pro Member Trainee
Jager673 Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

I've looked around the Internet without any luck. Sounds like a driver issue to me.
1. Try a fresh install of FSX.
2. You could try another driver that is just before the latest driver.
3. Check all video setting, set to default.

Dont Know

What should my NVIDIA control panel settings be set to?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Jager673 wrote:

What should my NVIDIA control panel settings be set to?

I can't be specific, there should be a selection for default. Use midpoint settings and a resolution of 1024 X 768 or close.

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Driver versions make a big difference, along with using nHancer at the correct settings and nVidia control panel with correct settings for FSX.
FSX is so cpu intensive that it's hard for the heavy-weight pc's that are overclocked to run all settings on high. You're looking for a constant 20 to 30 fps in FSX for good performance and eye-candy -
After months of tweaking with a hi-end rig very similar to yours and liquid cooling - I am again flying more than tweaking.
Your benchmarks with 3d06 should be in the 11000 to 13000's - maybe higher. Know what you're going through - I built the "ultimate gamer" pc and thought I could bring FSX to it's knees - NOT -
I would be happy to give you the driver v. I'm using, along with nHancer settings/nVidia Control Panel settings - that are working for so many simmers.
cthiggin

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Cthiggin, thank you for your input. I can see that you know more about this matter than I do, you will be of more help to Jager673 than I would be. Bow Down

Pro Member Trainee
papab Trainee

TRY THIS---

http://www.highflightsimulations.com/

Found this web site several months ago. Always looking for great add-ons and additional aircraft. They have a new release of the Super Connie( for SP1/SP Acceleration) plus all of the freeware have a setup.exe file for easy loading( no copy paste of files)

Many add-on files for AutoGen and a complete listing of FSX tweaks that has really streamlined my system. They have a section called "must have files" - most are for enhanced effects.They list all the suggested Nividia & ATI graphics card settings as well as suggested FSX graphics settings.They have answered all of my questions the same day, very friendly site!

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Thanks CRJ Capt. -
I've been through the same thing Jager673 has and at this point - I really am "very" happy with the results I'm obtaining.
I build the hi-end rig to tame FSX, but boy, FSX still was bringing me to my knees - UNTIL, I finally found the simmer with the guru mind and was trying to make FSX as good as it could be with a hi-end rig. Well, I adopted most of his settings and advice - WOW - what a difference - I am flying 99% of the time now - mostly choppers for the challenge.
IF Jager673 will pm me / or anyone / I will share "what is working great for me" - STILL maintaining 23 to 36 fsp upwards to 80fps - "Not with the chopper I'm using - fps intensive - AND I'm using Ultimate Traffic with sliders setting at 75%, which of course eats up fps - without UTraffic, and in a fixed-wing - 90's to 135 fps - which is NOT necessary - just a solid, consistent 30 fps is ALL any of us need.

cthiggin