SearchSearch 

First question

Pro Member Trainee
cpltom Trainee

Ok, having searched the forums I still have one problem I can't figure out.

How the devil do you turn the lights on in the virtual cockpits for flying at night? All I see, if I'm lucky, are a few stars.
In the 2D cockpits I am ok, I can find the switch there, but even if I switch back to the virtual from there it's dark.

Any suggestions?

Oh, yeah. Am I supposed to have the Maule with the standard FSX?

10 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

FSX has some glitches with lights, hope the commands below help.

All lights-------------------Press L
Taxi light only-------------Press L (turns on all lights) then Press Ctrl+L (leaves taxi, beacon and strobes)
Strobes--------------------Press O(Oscar)
Panel lights----------------Shift+L
Landing light---------------Ctrl+L

Pro Member Trainee
cpltom Trainee

Thanks CRJCapt, I'll give it a try when I get home tonight. (at da library studying)

Pro Member Trainee
cpltom Trainee

As for my second question, turns out the guy who has been reading over my shoulder plays also. The Maule is only in the deluxe version like the Grumman Goose (and as soon as I am sure I wont screw anything up I am going to install the couple simmilar ones I got here, cause they realy look cool and I want to fly one of them 😉 )

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

I dont get your 2nd question. In your post it looked like you were telling us not asking a question.

Pro Member Trainee
cpltom Trainee

Sorry about that bawls. I originaly was unsure if the Maule was a plane included in the standard version of the game. Now I understand that it is not, that was what I was stating later on.

I am home now, and have tried pressing L. Still no cabin lights. Crying or Very sad

Oh well, looks like I'm stuck flying with the 2D cockpit at night.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Did you put a check mark in a the box that says "Lights controlled by pilot."? Under Settings/Realism?

Pro Member Trainee
cpltom Trainee

yep, but at the moment its a moot point. I cant seem to open the game at the moment. Did a repair, and still not working, gona have to do a full reinstall Crying or Very sad

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

What happens when you try to start it? Before you uninstall it, delete your saved games folder and your fsx.cfg and see if it'll work.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Traches wrote:

What happens when you try to start it? Before you uninstall it, delete your saved games folder and your fsx.cfg and see if it'll work.

You don't need to delete your saved games, just try deleting the FSX.CFG file first.

Pro Member Trainee
cpltom Trainee

Thanks for the tips. I'll have to remember them for the next time (I had already done the unistall by the time I saw your posts Embarassed ).