Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

People: please read.

Pro Member First Officer
Heyjoojoo First Officer

If you're getting good framerates with fsx, please help all of us by posting your specs (i.e. graphics card, processor, RAM, OS, etc.).

It seems that sometimes people will post when they experience problems and then finally get their question answered, then we never hear from them again. (I know this is normal with online forums; but it is not excusable.) and there are people enjoying great experiences with FSX but do not share their findings with others here on this most optimal place - this forum. Please don't be like these people. Help the rest of us out; share with others; exchange information.

Now, this wasn't a rant against those who provide helpful info consistently. But for those who are experiencing good fps and not sharing. We want to hear from you too. It would help sooooooo many of us.

P.S.
I didn't post this to necessitate any of you to post your specs to this particular posting - although I'm certain that it would be appreciated by someone else visiting this forum.

Happy framerates.

- Kareem

Pro Member Trainee
ColonelJim Trainee

I suspect most people make the assumption that everyone else at the forum--or nearly everyone else--is an expert and they, themselves, have nothing worth contributing.

The other alternative, that people are grasping, selfish heathens who are interested in looking out for only their own welfare is more ugly than I could allow myself to think of almost anybody.

I have spent quite a lot of time reading the old fora and it seems to me that about ninety percent of all the questions are recurring and already handled.
The really tough, current ones, the ones that are eating everyone's lunch, require a community effort, as you point out.

About ninety eight percent of thank-you notes that should be sent never are. (sigh) It must be cynical Saturday.

Pro Member First Officer
Lee198 First Officer

Intel® Core™ Quad-Core Processor QX6850 (3.46GHz,1333MHz,8MB cache)
Specifications - Base

Microsoft Operating SystemGenuine Windows Vista® Home Premium - English
Specifications - Microsoft Operating System Microsoft Operating SystemGenuine Windows Vista® Home Premium - English
Specifications - Microsoft Operating System

Video CardDUAL 768MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GTX graphics cards
Specifications - Video Card Video CardDUAL 768MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GTX graphics cards
Specifications - Video Card

Memory2048MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024]
Specifications - Memory Memory2048MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024]
Specifications - Memory

Hard Drive1TB Serial ATA RAID 0 Stripe (2x500GB 7200rpm drives with DataBurst™ cache)
Specifications - Hard Drive Hard Drive1TB Serial ATA RAID 0 Stripe (2x500GB 7200rpm drives with DataBurst™ cache)
Specifications - Hard Drive

Optical Devices Vista Only - 16x DVD+/-RW & 48X CDRW/DVD Combo Drive
Specifications - Optical Devices Optical Devices Vista Only - 16x DVD+/-RW & 48X CDRW/DVD Combo Drive
Specifications - Optical Devices

Cost me a lot of money, but definitely worth it!

Pro Member First Officer
Lee198 First Officer

Sorry, forgot the frame rates!

Anything from 20 to 200. Normally towards the lower end, but consistantly high.

And don't ask me anything technical, 'cos I'm no good at computers!!!

Pro Member Trainee
ColonelJim Trainee

Do you have occasions when the rate momentarily staggers low enought to be to be irritating but then picks up and runs smoothly again?

Looks like you are pretty well equipped to handle FSX. Thanks again for sharing.

Pro Member Trainee
Chris (chrisjoi) Trainee

Just my observation here. Most questions have been answered and in the short while I have been reading and posting in the forums here I have seen members come and go.

My advice is to use the search feature above. Some of the best postings came from two members, one that I have not seen much lately, jlangevin and one still active, cthiggin. Both have plenty of posts about their systems that are hitting well over 100 fps.

Use the search feature above and search for their names. It will list all their posts. Look for the ones on overclocking. If you are really serious about high frame rates it seems you will need to overclock your system. Quality components such as motherboard, memory, and processor are essential to overclocking. Most brand name PC's dont have this kind of quality built in. I have a new system that will be up and running in the next week and I will post some info on how it works out. I am overclocking a Q6600, running Vista, with 4 gigs oc OCZ memory on an Abit motherboard.

Best of luck and take advantage of the knowledge of jlangevin and cthiggin. They really are at the top of the heap on hitting high frame rates.

Pro Member First Officer
Lee198 First Officer

ColonelJim,

Yes, I do. But I think that's just cos the darn machine's got a mind of it's own and the same sense of humour as me!!