Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Downloading onto games computer ?

Pro Member Trainee
hasselerd Trainee

Hi, Having a dedicated games computer that is not on line and another computer online, can anyone please suggest the best way to download new planes etc from this site onto FSX on my games computer??? Many Thanks,

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

Use a flashcard(memorystick)

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

If both computers are wired together via a router, then you can share the second computers HD and sub-directory and dump the files that way.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

hasselerd wrote:

...from this site onto FSX on my games computer??? Many Thanks,

Don't use this file library... it will save you many headaches.

www.avsim.com

www.flightsim.com

www.simviation.com

www.hovercontrol.com

...are the best as regards quality and availability of files. There are many others that are not to be scoffed at which specialize in particular areas of the various simulators.

Pro Member First Officer

Sorry tailhook but hovercontrol.com is crap regarding fsx, but good for fs9, believe me,I spent hours searching the entire site.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Interesting warlord and sorry to hear that you were running around in circles.

Strange though that yours truly, a die hard fs9er has actually come across more and more FSX compatible choppers at HC recently.

Seriously, HC must be one of the sites with the most devoted chopper enthusiasts. If they claim that a Heli has been updated for FSX you can put your estate on it. Those cats at HC are not dimwits.

I don't in the least doubt your expertise in finding that elusive file you might be looking for... but you must have noticed that the whole HC setup seems to work in mysterious ways - you know changing download locations every two minutes or so... I'm sure they're doing it for a reason.
Sure, there are some good quality payware choppers out for FSX - but the freeware ones are still best to be acquired from HC.

Am I still making sense 😳
😀

Pro Member First Officer

Strange though that yours truly, a die hard fs9er has actually come across more and more FSX compatible choppers at HC recently.

So........Hows that new rig, coming along?.....

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Haha... you cannot imagine how I was expecting this taunt...

If you want to know the long and short of it, here it is.

You're aware that I haven't been able to make up my mind which OS to go for. Re: FSX... frankly I have better things to do and know better ways to find enjoyment. However, obviously I don't want to build a rig that's outdated even before I plug it in the first time.
I finally decided on Vista, problem is, if my previous experience with XP is anything to go by, owning Vista OEM and a downloaded SP1 won't allow me to reformat my HDD if I wish to do so.
So now Vista SP1 has been announced. Apparently it will be available sometime in April as a download, but that won't do me any good as I would like to have SP1 included on my Vista OEM so I'll hopefully will be able to reformat without too much trouble. Obviously it will take another 2 months or so until the Vista OEMs incl. SP1 will be available.
So there's basically my time line. To stress my point: I will not be the 'proud' owner of an OEM OS that won't let me reformat my HDD.

Then there is the issue of RAM accommodation. Apparently any Vista version less than 'Pro' will accommodate no more RAM than say XP Home.

So there you go, FSX is out, Vista (once it satisfies my needs and expectations) is in and if MS can't figure out their problems re flightsims, I'll be enjoying myself flying combat and should I really start craving for the heavies too much, I can always get X-Plane and run it on an OS other than MS.
FSX is a disaster. The war on 'Terror' is dead. Let's declare war on FSX Devil

Pro Member First Officer

So I guess this means I can stop bugging you now...Sad actually, I was looking forward to online dogfighting wit ya, but the dream has been shot down, and my airplane will continue to fly without any bullet scars.
Good luck with Vista, I might have to do the same, I also have been waiting for the SP's

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Haha.. I'd love to have a dogfight with you any time but somehow I'm not convinced FSX is the right platform... what with sunday-drivers flying hang gliders and chasing elephants.
If there is a smidgen of sanity and common sense left in this current madness, one would expect that once Vista has actually matured into a proper OS, developers might start putting their efforts into some decent new combat sims... watch your step, I'll be at your 6 😀

I notice you're using the plural when referring to Vista's SP(s)... now you're really freaking me out

Pro Member First Officer

There's no doubt there will be more than one! 😉
So far the best combat game I've come across is the consol based 'Ace Combat', for the PS2, The next one coming on the PS3, should be multiplay-able?,Only problem with it is that, it is a console game, so it's always going to have that arcade game feel.I don't remember if MCFS3 is multi...but I never really liked that game, found it a bit boring.ZZZZZzzzzz

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Of course that makes sense. I was hoping against hope...
Aren't there rumours that MS has yet to release SP3 for XP?

I am seriously getting tired of this s Censored t Evil or Very Mad

How about this: A basic system, XP-Pro, Quad Core, a decent GPU and two Gigs of decent RAM to start with nailed onto a basic, good brand mobo -- no peripherals needed. Shouldn't cost more than about a grand. Oh damn it.

Pro Member First Officer

Whats your budget anyway?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What's a 'Budget'?

I don't use 'budgets'... politicians do that, I use money 😀
Denny Crane.

Problem with you guys, I never know whether you're serious or not. 😕
I'd be quite happy to get a PS3 just for the next incarnation of 'Ace Combat'... but I WILL do my research first. Oh, a friend told me that the only decent F1 game is on PS3

...and how about Kimi winning in Malaysia

Pro Member First Officer

American Heritage® Dictionary: Description of budget
NOUN: 1a. An itemized summary of estimated or intended expenditures for a given period along with proposals for financing them: submitted the annual budget to Congress. b. A systematic plan for the expenditure of a usually fixed resource, such as money or time, during a given period: A new car will not be part of our budget this year. c. The total sum of money allocated for a particular purpose or period of time: a project with an annual budget of five million dollars. budgetary (bj-tr) , budgeter, budgeteer (--tīr)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

warlord40 wrote:

American Heritage® Dictionary: Description of budget
NOUN: 1a. An itemized summary of estimated or intended expenditures for a given period along with proposals for financing them: submitted the annual budget to Congress. b. A systematic plan for the expenditure of a usually fixed resource, such as money or time, during a given period: A new car will not be part of our budget this year. c. The total sum of money allocated for a particular purpose or period of time: a project with an annual budget of five million dollars. budgetary (bj-tr) , budgeter, budgeteer (--tīr)

Come again?

...you're breaking up...

Pro Member First Officer

That was for Denny