Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

running FS9 in admin mode

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

As time goes on, I'm becoming more and more jaded on my views of Vista. Constantly having to click 'allow' and 'okay' 3 or 4 times every time you add something new or make a change to a config flie gets old very fast. Anyway, lately I've found a couple add-on programs do not play well with Vista.

One potential fix I've been told about is running FS9 in Admin mode. I tried this and got an error message on start up. Not the blue screen of death or anything like that, but FS9 shut down wouldn't load. Has anyone been able to get this to work?

The other option is to uninstall FS9 and reinstall it under a different path than c:program files. This is going to sound dumb, but is there any way I can do this without losing all my scenery and aircraft files?

Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

rowcoach wrote:

The other option is to uninstall FS9 and reinstall it under a different path than c:program files. This is going to sound dumb, but is there any way I can do this without losing all my scenery and aircraft files?

Thanks!

I'm running XP so I can't try it out for you. Under normal circumstances when you uninstall fs9, most of your freeware add-ons will survive the carnage and still be on your HDD exactly where they've always been.

You might want to take care with your payware add-ons though. The safest way is to properly uninstall those first (tough, you'll just have to re-install them again.) BTW, that includes payware scenery, they can be quite complex.

The next step then would be to re-install fs9 at a different location. Next, go back to where fs9 used to be, and simply copy all the left over bits and pieces over to the new fs9 directory and overwrite when prompted.

Some bits and pieces will have gotten lost in the process, modules such as FSUIPC for example. The other issue is that though the simple freeware add-on sceneries will still be in the 'Addon Scenery' folder, you will have to re-activate each and every one.

That's pretty much it, just remember to uninstall the patch 9.1 if you have it first. Also backup the no CD-crack if you happen to use it and restore the original .exe before you begin uninstalling fs9.

Pro Member Captain
Luke (warlord40) Captain

With that problem with having to click 'allow' all the time:
*Hit start and go to control panel
*Click on user's accounts
*Click on turn user accounts control on or off
*untick user account control in the box
That should solve that problem 😉