Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Another Lesson

Pro Member Trainee
cpltom Trainee

Ok, for any of you who read my last post, you know I ended up swimming a LOOOooong way to get back to land after I landed in the middle of the Pacific. Well, I got another lesson I learned.

When flying a historic rout, pick the right END POINT. Rolling Eyes

I took another look at my sources, and it ends up not only did I have the wrong airport, I had the wrong direction. Instead of going from Peleliu to New Britan, I should have gone from Peleliu to Guam. Embarassed

This cut the travel distance by almost half, and even if it stretches the distance for some planes, it can be done with a quick stop to refuel at the island of Yap.

Pro Member Captain
Luke (warlord40) Captain

I know this is going to sound silly but, what are the people on the island of Yap called?lol (think about that one) Laughing
And well done on the new flight route, its always a good idea to do a bit of homework before putting your life in the hands of a rusted old bucket, flying over the biggest ocean on the planet Wink

Pro Member Trainee
cpltom Trainee

Yeah, I should have done better research Warlord.

But in my defence, as a ground Marine, I never did pay much attention to the fly fly boys.

Pro Member Trainee
cpltom Trainee

Oh, and I made the trip without refueling. Landed with 7% fuel left Shocked

Pro Member Trainee
BruceHolloway Trainee

If "push came to shove" you could always go into the map then click and drive your aircraft. At least you could salvage the trip after sitting so patiently. Bruce from Canada.

Pro Member Trainee
BruceHolloway Trainee

Sorry! That's click and drag.

Pro Member Trainee
cpltom Trainee

LOL,

"ok everyone, get out and push" Laughing

Pro Member First Officer
Lee198 First Officer

Hahaha Laughing

The picture in my mind's hilarious!

Pro Member Captain
Luke (warlord40) Captain

***(pushing against the tide)***
"there's something nibbling at my feet"
***('jaws' theme music starts)***

Pro Member Trainee
cpltom Trainee

Ahh, ya see Warlord, thats a problem I dont have.

If your like me and are socialy ignorant you wouldn't have worn them oder eaters. Not even a shark would dare touch my feet Shocked