Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

MS 2004 v Flight Unlimited 2+3

Pro Member Trainee
Dennis Eric Richards (DENN) Trainee

I have purchased MS flightsim 2004, with all the add on's the total cost over 100 including VFR England a & Wales and Photographic Scenery all four volumes, and now I find the game is nowhere near as good as Unlimited 3 that was purchased four or five years ago. Are the software creators going backwards ??[/b]

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Do you have all ( I mean all) the slides maxed out. That way you can see and fly the sim at it full beauty.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Dennis Eric Richards (DENN) Trainee

Yes the MS flightsimulator is much nicer to look at but not as easy to navigate or perhaps I've a lot more to learn about the simulator and after ten years of microlight flying it's the only thing an old man can do.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

1-You can take the lessons, if you don't want to be pushed just take them to learn as much as possible not to pass the tests.
2-You can read this and absorb as much as you care to.
http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/
3-Or you can do as I do, take a tail-dragger (DC-3) up put on the GPS (Shift 2, 3, or 4) and follow that and possibly a compass. Just fly as they did way back when, free as a bird, by the seat of your pants. Land on a deserted road, eat lunch and take off again find a small airstrip and set her down.
Keep a log (automatic) that's what I consider pure relaxing pleasure. Just listen to the hum of those engines.

Let us know which path you decide to take and enjoy it.

Radar