Evironment and terrain software - which?

Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

I want to purchase/download free environment and terrain software. I used to have Flight Environment which was great and i now see it's updated but is there better. I found it hard to get decent water effects though.

Also looking at 'Ultimate Terrian Europe' but again is there better? I want the ground to look the nuts and be acurate...ish.

Also is it worth getting the scenery software like FS Global X 2008 for the mesh terrain improvements or will this be covered by Ultimate Terrian Europe?

I have just ordered a new PC which is an XP system as i do computer music aswell as FS for my hobby and Vista just seems to throw up too many problems!! (Yes i found someone who still sells XP...YAY!)

Hopefully the system will cope with the extra graphics.

Will be using FS9

Spec is:
Asus P5K SE board
Core Duo E6850 3GHz CPU
3GB 800MHz Ram
nVidia 8500GT 512MB Graphics Card
XP Home

Thanx

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

I heard that fsglobal was excellent. And what would be more better is too have like ultimate terrain and fs global working side by side. Alot of people have fsgenesis which is what I used to have and I loved it I reccomend that and then ultimate terrain was good to. I also had ground environment pro for fsx and fs2004 and I love them. For the like environment I loved FEX and REX is supposed to come out well hopefully come out soon so I would wait and get that one.

Pro Member Trainee
mikejack12 Trainee

I could run FSGLOBAL and UT USA side by side.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Some good questions here 😀 , i was thinking of getting UT Europe and UT USA and wondered if i would have to remove FS Global-Special Edition or would it be ok to run them together! Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

I can't see why not as the are 2 different programmes doing different things BUT you never know!?!?!?!

Computer says no! Cough!! 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...