Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Removing missle racks????

Pro Member First Officer
shylock (scottyboy39) First Officer

Anybody know how to remove the missle racks off a jet.I figured out how to change dds file to jpeg so i cant photo shop the textures but i cant figure out for the life of me on how to remove them.I want the clean look.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hey scotty to my knowledge in fs9 the racks cannot be removed as they're part of the model.
Now I realize that we're in the FSX domain here, but logic would suggest that this particular aspect of the sim hasn't undergone any changes. I'm hoping for your sake that I'm wrong but frankly, it doesn't look good.
I'm speculating, it can't be the Blue Angels F-18 you're working on as there really aren't any racks.
Sooo... even if there won't be a solution to this endeavor in the end, it would be nice if you told us which a/c you're working on and possibly provide us with a tiny lil screenie.

Oh, just remembered, if memory serves I have come across combat jets where the racks could just be dropped, but again, that must have been built into the model file.

Talk to me Very Happy

Pro Member First Officer

Thats our 7 jet and as you can see those missle racks are plain old ugly on there.I know its in the model file but was wondering if theres any way to change it.I know that once I changed the texture dds files to jpg for paint shop the textures for the 7 jet are the same as the f-18 that comes with accel.

So its got to be in the model file.

Pro Member Captain
Luke (warlord40) Captain

Unfortunatly Tailhook is right, it is part of the model. The only way that I have known of changing that would be going back to the model builder program (e.g. Gmax)and removing them. But in doing so you would also change the flight dynamics, which is a big headache. In my opinion, just keep flying the way you are, or find another model Doh!

Pro Member First Officer

Yea thats what it looks like.Thanks fellas.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I erroneously thought that you had the 'Aerialfoundry' F-18.
In my collection only the models that carry any ordnance at
all have racks. 'Clean' models and the Blue Angels have no racks.

Pro Member First Officer

Yea tailhook.I just wanted to see if anybody new had to change the model file for this.This was a f-18D and the blue angel textures were applied to it